pieman

samsung dvr smartviewer 2.0 HELLLLLP!

Hi folks, joined this to seek a knight in shining armour, I bought a Samsung DVR and smartviewer 2.0 from a friend who had been using it for a few years, I would like to view my cameras romotely from home to save me driving down to my business to check on things every night.

I've been trying to set it up for months now and have no idea what i'm doing, i hired a guy who said he could do it but ended up doing the off with my cash.

I have wireless internet at work and have the cameras set up to view in the workshop, but i can't get it connected to my home computer, i'm not too good with computers, only basics.

Ths set-up on the DVR looks like this....

ip 192.168.0.200

gateway 192.168.0.1

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

dns 168.126.63.1

Transfer Protocol

proto type TCP

port TCP 554

port UDP 8000

multicast ip 224.126.63.1

Callback settings

ip address 192.168.1.10

port 7900

Trans pic settings

Webviewer port settings

port 8080

I have a NETGEAR router at work, please any help would be great, i really don't know where to turn,

Thanks in advance guys

If I were you I'd start by going to the Samsung website and download the user guide.

There's a lot of Samsung DVR units out there... each configuration may vary slightly. Some use the Samsung Smartview software, while others may use the "websamsung" link to view the cameras.

For instance, an older Samsung DVR, depending on model number may use the websamsung link like the one below so the camera owner can view his/her cameras online with X-Browser via a computer, smartphone or tablet:

http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/html/live_samsung.htm (NOTE: "x's" would be your actual numeric IP address) If you were to copy & paste that link into a Browser (using YOUR IP address in place of the "x's AND providing your PORT is also 8080), once you hit enter, you should get a pop-up prompt that asks for User ID and Password. If you enter those correctly, then the next pop up should be the actual camera views, as well as configuration tabs, etc.

Post up the model number or other details to your Samsung DVR, we can help better with more information.

Are you trying to view the cameras from your PC, from a cell phone, or from another type of device (tablet, etc)?

Is your router secure - meaning, for the wireless settings, do you have to enter indvidual MAC addresses into it for those devices to transmit through the router? If so, you may need to enter the MAC address from the DVR into the router.

Here's the actual support link to all of the Samsung DVR's, it may be helpful to you:

http://www.samsungsv.com/Support/Download

Cobra Jet thanks for getting back to me, i'll get the model number today.

when i enter the ip address followed by the :8080 i was getting the password pop up and then the samsung dvr console up on my browser but there was no live feed just the console.

I was able to enter the set up settings on the dvr through the browser and change things etc which makes me think i have configured it wrong or theres some other reason i was not able to connect to the cameras.

When i take my laptop to work and use smart viewer software i am able to get the live feed up on it and can move the cameras etc with my laptop, thats using my works wireless internet.

I'll post all the information i have in a little while when i get it.

Once again, thanks a lot for helping me

UPDATE

Laptop info

ip address 92.28.163.209

default gateway 192.168.0.1

DNS SERVERS 192.168.0.1

-----------------------------

Router model

Netgear DG834G

-----------------------------

I recall during my initial setup from my DVR owners manual, there was mention of DNS entries into the router as well as "Port Range Forwarding" data, which if I remember, allows the offsite distant viewing of the DVR (from another computer, tablet or cell phone).

Do you recall entering your static DNS numbers or the port forwarding data into your home router (or work)?

For instance, access your router's Setup Menu.

Look for fields labeled Static DNS (there may be 1-3 fields). The DNS number in your initial post, you listed it as DNS "168.126.63.1". This should be seen as the Static DNS number in the first (2) fields. Also be sure that "DHCP" is checked/selected, "Starting IP Address" should be "192.168.1.10".

Now you will want to look for the Port Range Forwarding section within the Router. This may be found under applications or gaming within your Router Setup menus. Once you find it, you need to enter the following:

Port Range Forward (there will be multiple fields, set up the first (2) exactly as outlined below):

Port Range Field #1:

Application = DVR

Start = 8080

End = 8080

Protocol = Both

IP Address = 192.168.0.200

Enable (this box should be checked)

Port Range Field #2:

Application = DVR1

Start = 554

End = 554

Protocol = Both

IP Address = 192.168.0.200

Enable (this box should be checked)

If having to update or enter the above into the router, test out to see if you get a live vid feed. If you do, it worked!

NOTE: in your initial post, I see you use multiple UDP Port numbers (7900, 8000 and 8080). The most common is "8080". If after entering the above data into your Router and you still don't get a live feed, try changing all "UDP" or "Web Service Port" settings to one number, such as 8080. If "8000" is what you would rather use, then use it on all instead of 8080, etc... Retest for live vid feed.

The RTSP or TSP "554" is correct, so I don't think the issue will be there, just check to make sure that is the same on all devices as well.

All IP data, as well as the Port numbers (UDP and RTSP) need to be the same across all devices (ie: DVR setup fields, Router, as well as if you are using other viewing software on a PC or via an app for a smart phone). If there is a variation on one device (missing numbers, typo or completely different numbers), the devices can't talk to each other (out of sync) and therefore you won't be able to view the cameras via Device-X.

I would also definitely get your Samsung DVR Model Number. Using the previous Samsung link I provided, from there, you can download the actual Owners Manual. This will have a great deal of info and may help you out more so than what I've posted. I think the above will help you, but the manual is best to have on hand for other tech info.

Also be sure to check out this helpful link about Port Forwarding for viewing via cell phone, tablet or other:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12156

Hi folks, joined this to seek a knight in shining armour, I bought a Samsung DVR and smartviewer 2.0 from a friend who had been using it for a few years, I would like to view my cameras romotely from home to save me driving down to my business to check on things every night.

I've been trying to set it up for months now and have no idea what i'm doing, i hired a guy who said he could do it but ended up doing the off with my cash.

I have wireless internet at work and have the cameras set up to view in the workshop, but i can't get it connected to my home computer, i'm not too good with computers, only basics.

Ths set-up on the DVR looks like this....

ip 192.168.0.200

gateway 192.168.0.1

dns 168.126.63.1

Transfer Protocol

proto type TCP

port TCP 554

port UDP 8000

multicast ip 224.126.63.1

Callback settings

ip address 192.168.1.10

port 7900

Trans pic settings

Webviewer port settings

port 8080

I have a NETGEAR router at work, please any help would be great, i really don't know where to turn,

Thanks in advance guys :)

Hello pieman,

I see this was over a year ago, so I wonder if you ever got the problem sorted?

I have only just come to investigate a Samsung cctv for a friend who has bought one, and have spent some considerable time sorting it out, but initially he had similar problems to what you describe. I have now sorted out where the problems lie and how to set it up for viewing from a mobile phone, but you cannot get it working from a computer and web browser, at least with the particular DVR model he has, unless Samsung correct something.

This machine is a Samsung SDR-3102, but I don't see any note of what machine you have. It may be the software is the same on different machines or it may be they are different. However, I would like to know if you got it working with web browser access, and if you did, how. If you did not get it working, I can tell you a lot more about the whole problem and probably how to get it working with a mobile phone at least.

Redwood

Dear we learn more than user guide by talking and doing so many things......

To update my last post, I have now solved the viewing from a web browser as well as on a smartphone, so I have it working fully. This was no thanks to Samsung and their manuals or their on-line technical help, who had no idea at all. There were many mistakes in their manuals and quick guide that were the main cause of the problems, but eventually I managed to overcome them all. Anyone in need of correct instructions can contact me by asking here.

Since my first post there has never been any reply until today (May 4th) so it seems others have either solved it themselves or given up and sold/scrapped their unit!

Redwood

Hi... I'm still trying to solve how to get it viewing on my phone remotely. I'm tried iPolis, and smartviewer and neither connect remotely, they connect when on the same wifi.

Any thoughts?

Hi... I'm still trying to solve how to get it viewing on my phone remotely. I'm tried iPolis, and smartviewer and neither connect remotely, they connect when on the same wifi.

Any thoughts?

Yes. First the SmartViewer program on your computer is only for viewing locally. The smartphone App has the viewer built in for viewing on the phone; and you would use a program called WebViewer in a web browser on say your laptop if you used one to view remotely. When the phone is on the same Wifi LAN (Local Area Network) as the DVR it simply picks up and views the cameras through the LAN and the DDNS (iPolis) is not being used at all.

I need to know what Samsung DVR system you have, what ISP you use and what router they have provided, and how your DVR is connected to your router - by ethernet hardwiring or wireless, and various other details, and how far you have got in setting it all up so far, because it is complex and the Samsung instructions I have seen have many errors which if you follow them, it will never work! Once I have all the details I should know how much more work might be needed. Thanks.

Using the internet and viewing remotely is a different system to viewing through your LAN, so you have to set open ports in your router to allow the control and streams through. When viewed from outside on the internet, your system will have a changeable IP address (unless you have requested a static one from your ISP and that is chargeable and not usual for most people). So the iPolis DDNS provides a means to track your IP address as it changes so you can keep remotely view at any time without a fixed IP address. Since you say you have tried using iPolis I assume you have set up a username and password to log on to iPolis and when you have logged on, does this tell you the Status is 'On'? If not then your system is not configured correctly. If it does say 'On', when you click 'View' what do you get next?

Is your smart phone an Android or Apple? Have you downloaded the Samsung App to the smartphone and got the App working O.K? Do you get the four screens but they are all black with the word Samsung across them? Does it say it cannot connect?

Finally for now, what ports did you set forwarding on in your router and have you checked those ports are actually open? The best little test program for this (on your home computer and web browser) is: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ When you run this it will show you your current IP address from the internet and you can then put in any port number you wish to test. Since this is a complex set-up and could take a lot of messages back and forth, do you wish to try phoning me? Where about are you in the U.K?

Redwood

I have the same samsung dvr (sdr3102) and can get in the webviewer site but after I logged in all I get is a blank screen webviewer. I have changed the security settings in my IE to the lowest and turned off all firewall and other security stuff and enabled active X. I have another dvr (lorex) that works but the Samsung dvr I can't figure out why the video is not showing, can you help?

thanks.

-baurecom-

To update my last post, I have now solved the viewing from a web browser as well as on a smartphone, so I have it working fully. This was no thanks to Samsung and their manuals or their on-line technical help, who had no idea at all. There were many mistakes in their manuals and quick guide that were the main cause of the problems, but eventually I managed to overcome them all. Anyone in need of correct instructions can contact me by asking here.

Since my first post there has never been any reply until today (May 4th) so it seems others have either solved it themselves or given up and sold/scrapped their unit!

Redwood

I have the same samsung dvr (sdr3102) and can get in the webviewer site but after I logged in all I get is a blank screen webviewer. I have changed the security settings in my IE to the lowest and turned off all firewall and other security stuff and enabled active X. I have another dvr (lorex) that works but the Samsung dvr I can't figure out why the video is not showing, can you help?

thanks.

-baurecom-

The first thing you must understand Baurecom is that it is not your IE security setting and lowering that to the lowest setting and especially turning off your firewall too, is very bad and leaves you vulnerable to any attack. You should turn that back on immediately and reset your security.

I can help but I need certain information from you first in order to help. What version of Windows are you using? What version of IE? Is it on a desktop or laptop? Or are you only trying to access the cameras from a smart phone? If you have a smart phone is it an Android or Apple? Do you wish to access the views on the phone only or both phone and computer. Finally for the moment, I need to know what ISP you use and what router you have exactly (make and model) and have you set the port forwarding? If you have, I need to see how it is set so a screen shot of the port forward page would be the easiest way to pass me the info. This is a complex and technical job so what is your level of computer expertise?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Redwood