vector18

Rebooting POE switches remotely

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to be able to reboot a POE switch remotely. Recently I've had 2 IP system jobs where

one IP camera plugged into a POE switch somehow became disconnected from the nvr and when the customer rebooted the switch

for me, the camera came right back up and is fine for weeks after that. So, I'd like to hear a few suggestions and what my

options are. I already know there are switches with web interfaces, but was wondering if anyone has done anything else or

knows of a reasonable web based switch. Thanks.

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to be able to reboot a POE switch remotely. Recently I've had 2 IP system jobs where

one IP camera plugged into a POE switch somehow became disconnected from the nvr and when the customer rebooted the switch

for me, the camera came right back up and is fine for weeks after that. So, I'd like to hear a few suggestions and what my

options are. I already know there are switches with web interfaces, but was wondering if anyone has done anything else or

knows of a reasonable web based switch. Thanks.

u may like ip power bar

just Google it

I was considering something like this, but if I'm doing a big IP job with multiple switches at different locations, than I would

need one of these at every switch. Ideally, I'd like remote access to each switch.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

I do work for a cable TV provider that does systems for hotels and they have been using this exact model of web power switch. They have been using them for at least a few years now and seem to be happy with them. There are usually 3 per site and they are used for the satellite receivers, when they notice that one of the receivers is acting up they reboot it remotely.