huzefasid

Hikvision DVR problem viewing on 3G

Hi

I have got a Hikvision DVR, Router, ISP with a fixed IP.

I got as far as choosing a IP for the DVR, connected it via ethernet to the router, on the ISP's router's GUI in Firefox i sorted the port forwarding 80 and 8000 ports and added the DVR's IP to DMZ succesfully..

Both 80 and 8000 are open. I checked with yougetsignal.com/tools/open-port/

However

---> i can not get it to work on the android over 3G. The android app connects and can also playback but I am not getting any live stream. There is no error displayed, only a black screen.

Any ideas to work this out appreciated

Cheers

What DVR do you have? Newest models need 3 ports open, web, data, and rtsp.

Have you tried connecting from a computer outside your network instead of 3G? You can try accessing from Internet Explorer or from iVMS software on PC or Mac.

It should not be a problem since you are trying to access from 3G and not web; but I recommend that you change the default web port from 80 to something else.

My DVR does use rtsp port 554. I changed port 80 to 1085. Both 554 and 1085 are open and forwarded.

Still no luck getting live stream.

If you want, feel free to send me by private message your IP, create me a guest account with only live/playback privileges, and I can check it for you. Quite strange that you say you can playback recordings, but not see live view.

What Android mobile do you have and with what Android version? I remember at least once having to install the old version of iVMS-4500 (before they released the new GUI) because the latest wasn't working on a phone that was running an old version of Android.

Try to change setup parameters on android.

"Channel Config" / "Dvr" / "Camera x"

Try to lover bitrate.

On my phone (simbian)

I have a black screen live view

when my wifi is too overloaded

Here is a interesting update.

The live stream works ok on a wifi network. I tested my office cameras on my home wifi. But for some reason doesn't work on 3G.

I have the same problem using the iVMS-4500 app to view the bullet cams. I opened ports 8000 and 554. On external wifi, I can view the live stream but on 3G/lte, I can see the same connections being made: 8000 and 554 but there is no video, just black. I attribute this to something funny happening in the rtsp protocol negotiation and ports aren't translated properly or something is just broken with the hikvision app when it detects cell vs wifi.

Check that your ports are correctly open with www.canyouseeme.org

Some ISPs block port 554, so you might want to change it to something else than 554.

Also, what is your firmware version? I have had some problems with iPhones and older firmwares which were solved by updating to the latest version.

The ISP is not and issue cause when the phone is on wifi, I can connect through port 554 back to the cam. The phone has the latest 6.1.4 firmware. Finally, the dome camera has v5.0.0 firmware.

I can conclusively say the problem is on AT&T side of things. On wifi, I can view the rtsp stream through LiveCams Pro but when on LTE, the connection fails. I just tested this within minutes of each other.

Yeah, wifi outside of home so I know port forwards work and I'm connecting to the ip dome camera and not NVR. I wonder if I change the port to 555 or something, will it work or not.

I would try it. But I am not sure where the problem comes from, when I did find this problem it was after some update on iOS, and some customers where having problems with iPhones, while others were not; some where having problems with latest iOS, others were not. I really never found out exactly where the problem was coming from, but it did get fixed by updating all DVRs that were giving me problems to the last firmware.

You might try someone elses iPhone, and find out that it works great on that unit.

Well, I changed the RTSP port to 555 from 554 and everything works. iVMS-4500 and LiveCams Pro over LTE connects to the stream properly.

Great!

Well, I changed the RTSP port to 555 from 554 and everything works. iVMS-4500 and LiveCams Pro over LTE connects to the stream properly.

Goog news! Here in Spain I have never seen an ISP block any port (80, 554, whatever). But it seems that in other countries it is not something uncommon.

An electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco cigarettes. It provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized propylene glycol/nicotine solution. Clearette Electronic Cigarettes provide a flavor and physical sensation similar to tobacco cigarettes, but with out all the health risks.electronic cigarette

please some1 help me.. i have problem with live view on my iphone 4s with the mobile data network, i can view it on wifi network. My phone has the latest firmware version and the dvr (ds7204hvisv) version is (V2.2.2.build.130130)..

Hi All,

I am using an iPhone 5S on Straight Talk (AT&T). I cannot load my cameras while connected to 3G/LTE cellular data. I can only see the cameras on any wireless network (even out side of my home).

I am guessing that Straight Talk or AT&T is blocking a port....

Can anyone help please ?