gabepre

Hikvision NAS setup

Has anyone been able to get the NAS storage working with Hikvision?

I am using the DS-2CD2032-I with the NAS iomega storcenter ix2-200

I am able to navigate to the NAS share using Windows (ie.\\192.168.1.150\Camera)

but whenever I enter that info into the Hikvision NAS setup page. it shows offline when I know it is online and accessible. There is no user security on the folder either.

Has anyone experienced this?

I know I could use a third party app, like BI but I want this setup so a pc does not need to be running all the time.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks much

That was it..

Thanks!

The iomega has the option for NFS sharing..

Share your experience with iomega, I am looking for a small NAS device

To tell you the truth I just received it.

So far it has been very easy to setup and use.

Web interface is quick and easy.

I am going to setup cloud services soon and will let you know how it goes!!

But so far I have been very pleased.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I can try and answer.

That was it..

Thanks!

What is the NAS path you have in the camera settings?

I have Hikavision cameras ans FreeNAS working before and now I can't make it work.

That was it..

Thanks!

What is the NAS path you have in the camera settings?

I have Hikavision cameras ans FreeNAS working before and now I can't make it work.

What was the path you had set up with FreeNAS to get it working?

Hi!

Raspberry Pi NFS server + USB HDD 149GB = Hikvision sees only 111GB.

Hikvision Web interface:

Capacity 149.05GB - Free Space 111GB

RPi:

/dev/sda1 150G 247M 149G 1% /media/USBHDD

/dev/sda1 150G 247M 149G 1% /export/ipcamera

The Hikvision's format function creates two directory:

pi@raspberrypi /media/USBHDD $ ls

datadir0 datadir1 info.bin

One more question: Is there a function to automatically delete X day before?

madrian,

Please post your /etc/exports. I am trying to get HIKVISON DS-2CD2032-I firmware V5.2.0 build 140721 with a Raspberry Pi. The Pi shows an "authenticated mount request" like everything is fine but the camera NFS test shows "Mounting to NAS server failed. No permission." Any ideas why it is not working.

My /etc/exports is:

/mnt/camStorage *(rw,no_subtree_check)

Thanks

UPDATE:

I got it working. The problem seems to be that the hikvision camera connects to the NFS server as root with UID=0. I was able to make it work by adding no_root_squash. That is not very secure so I created a hikvision user and hikvision group on the NFS server (Raspberry Pi). Then I changed the owner of all the exported files and directories to be owned by hikvision:hikvision. I configured /etc/exports with this:

/mnt/sda/camStorage/webcam20 192.168.133.20(rw,no_subtree_check,all_squash,anonuid=1010,anongid=1011)

The anonuid and anongid are the actual UID and GID from my /etc/passwd and /etc/group files. Now it all works great.

Learned something else. The Hikvision camera apparently needs a minimum NFS volume size. I have seen another post that says greater than 10GB. I know it won't work with an 8GB thumb drive but it does work with a 16GB drive. The symptom is that NFS passes the connection test but the "format" function does not work. Format quickly returns "complete" but still says uninitialized. If you end up with those symptoms, try a larger NFS volume. So to add some more search words to this... smaller smallest minimum too small bigger.

IT'S ALIVE..... IT'S ALIVE.... I got it working finally.

I found out what my problem was. Hope this helps someone else.

1 - The problem I found was indeed the HIKVision camera needs an empty share folder with no other folders/files in it.

2 - The last hurdle was that the Hik Vision cam goes a bit nuts if the share folder is larger than 200Gig. I set a quota of 40Gig and the camera is now working!

Notes

==============

- I have a QNAP 429 (Linux) NAS box and have two DS-2CD2032-I.

- I have a recycle bin function on my NAS which was hidden. I jumped into the CLI and removed the folder and BOOM, HIK Vision stopped going full retard and im currently 35% through formatting the drive.

- Using SMB/CIFS

Thanks

Thanks a lot to all of you for sharing your experience with your cameras.

I was starting to think that mine was just faulty but I've been able to use a DS-2CD2232-I5 on my Synology DS-109 by setting a 200Gb quota on the CIFS/SMB shared folder.

hikvision_ds109.thumb.png.885b3b22e5ba70b3d3e9004e0e5e6b43.png

Hi,

I am trying to get my HIKVISION NVR to record to a VM running FreeNAS.

I'm new to all of this setup. I would much appreciate anyone could help me with a step-by-step guide on how to get a NFS share setup on FreeNAS and then getting the HIKVISION NVR to use it. I am getting "abnormal" error. I can see the capacity of the share, but it won't initialise!

Thank you

image05.thumb.png.a48dafe38965ebebfa08b8df27edfafb.png

image06.thumb.png.8c40447f948d0714de591f04daae8a18.png

Learned something else. The Hikvision camera apparently needs a minimum NFS volume size. I have seen another post that says greater than 10GB. I know it won't work with an 8GB thumb drive but it does work with a 16GB drive. The symptom is that NFS passes the connection test but the "format" function does not work. Format quickly returns "complete" but still says uninitialized. If you end up with those symptoms, try a larger NFS volume. So to add some more search words to this... smaller smallest minimum too small bigger.

Thanks for posting this up and the previous post on the export parameters, I finally was able to get my Annke 8 channel hybrid DVR working with NFS. I was testing with a small 8gig mount thinking I'd make something small and quick. It saw the mount but failed after 20%. It took a 17 gig file to work in my case, nothing smaller would work. I ended up using a loopback file system instead of a drive or quotas.

Another thing I noticed was that after a few failed mounts, nothing works, you have to reboot as the NFS client on the DVR gets hung.