willsth6851

2 DVR Systems on 1 Router

I have 2 DVR Systems linked to 1 router and I am struggling to get them working remotely.

System 1 - LILIN PDR 6080

Settings: (all default)

Local IP - 50

HTTP - 80

VIDEO - 3100

System 2 - XDR

Settings: (all default)

Local IP - 100

HTTP - 80

CLIENT/VIDEO - 9000

They both work fine locally and I have configured the router with port forwarding and I can get them to work individually but not when they are both connected.

Do I need to change the defaults ?

When I access remotely what is my web address - what suffix do I use after I put in my server IP address ??

Any help would be grateful

Very simple solution here.

Change the Http port of one of the DVRs from 80 to something else (ex.90) and then port forward that number. When you log on remotely you will use your outside ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 for the first DVR that has 80 and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:90 for the second DVR with http port 90.

The XDH system doesnt like it when I change Port 80.

I cant even access the system locally from our network if I change it to anything other than 80.

Is there a solution ??

Can you change the other one to something else and leave the problem one as 80? Remember when you access it locally you have to type in the port also. If you change it from 80 to 90, you will need to type in the IP address as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:90. The :90 is important.

willsth6851, Ramellan is correct when he say you need to access the DVR using the port number, such as 192.168.1.10:80. This is regardless of any router installed in your network. If you pull the router, everything should still work internally (assuming everything has a static IP address) but you will still need to put in the port number to access that DVR remotely on your LAN. So the router is not relevant here really.

Also, when you say the DVR doesn't like to change the port number from 80, that is really strange. Unless it is defective, it should be able to change the port number, and normally, on most routers, port 81 or port 90 should NOT be blocked for inside traffic. Once you have everything working on the inside (LAN), then you can start working on getting things to work on the WWW. (WAN).

What internal address are you using? Do you have external STATIC IPs available to you? I'm trying to figure out why the DVRs would not work together while both on port 80. You could have a hundred DVRs working on the same network all on port 80 without any problems, as long as each DVR had it's own IP address.

this is my question too. i have 2 dvrs and 1 router.

my router is d-link dir 605. i want know what should i set on the router? because the router has only 1 DMZ!!

help me about virtual route,please.

hossein from spain

this is my question too. i have 2 dvrs and 1 router.

my router is d-link dir 605. i want know what should i set on the router? because the router has only 1 DMZ!!

help me about virtual route,please.

hossein from spain

Hey, you cannot use dmz with 2 devices that both requires port forwarding.

DMZ - forwarding traffic from all incoming ports to the DMZ ip address.

you need to set each dvr on different ports

then forward them separately