ferguson

cctv network setup Help please

Hello, i am trying to connect my CnM 4 Channel H.264 DVR Unit to the internet but having no luck and wondering is there anybody on here could help me. would be very grateful

my router which the dvr is connect to with the cat5 cable is a tp link TL-WR841N which i have changed the ip address to 192.168.0.2

in the DVR i set the following under network settings too

TYPE - STATIC

MEDIA PORT - 9000

WEB PORT - 80

IP ADDRESS - 192.168.0.100

NETMASK - 255.255.255.0

GATEWAY - 192.168.0.2

DNS - 192.168.0.2

i have set up an account with no-ip and filled out the following ddns settings as i believe the router hasn't got a static ip address

DDNS SETTINGS - TURNED ON

SERVIVE - not sure what to put here

HOST NAME - fergusoncamera.no-ip.biz

USERNAME - iferguson

PASSWORD - ********

i also changed the router settings to allow port forwarding on 80, 9000, 100, and 443

Look forward to your reply's

Thanks

http://www.noip.com/integrate/request

see link above , you must fill in service info if your dvr does not auto fill in service info .

i think service = dynupdate.no-ip.com

USERNAME - iferguson

PASSWORD - ********

http://www.noip.com/integrate/request

see link above , you must fill in service info if your dvr does not auto fill in service info .

i think service = dynupdate.no-ip.com

USERNAME - iferguson

PASSWORD - ********

Thanks for your reply, there only seems to be 3 settings you can choose for this either 3322, dyndns, or perfect eyes ?

If your router doesn't have No-ip in the list, you can't use No-ip. You'll have to use dyndns and set up an account there. A free account there is a total hassle. They don't really want you to have a free account, so they make you work for it. Check the options in the dvr. If No-ip is in the list you can put the info in it and the dvr will be the updater instead of the router. Last resort if you want your free No-ip account, buy a new router and make sure it supports No-ip. Most new ones do.

If your router doesn't have No-ip in the list, you can't use No-ip. You'll have to use dyndns and set up an account there. A free account there is a total hassle. They don't really want you to have a free account, so they make you work for it. Check the options in the dvr. If No-ip is in the list you can put the info in it and the dvr will be the updater instead of the router. Last resort if you want your free No-ip account, buy a new router and make sure it supports No-ip. Most new ones do.

The router seems to support No-ip but the cctv dvr doesnt. if i log into the router there is a setting dynamic dns which i can set to no-ip. see this link here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=419

is this any help to me? would that give me a static ip address

Thanks

Oh right you have tplink. That's fine. Set up for No-ip in that and that part should be fine. Check port 80 at canyouseeme and make sure it's open. Many isp's block that port. If so, check the Dvr and see if it has other port options to choose for port 80, or if it allows you to manually choose any one you want. If so, choose 88 or 89, etc. Make sure what ever you choose, you also forward that port in the router too.

But in your router, there must be a choice in the list for No-ip. That must be set as part of using No-ip.

Ok, if you haven't been able to access your system remotely with the numeric wan address of your location, then forget the DDNS stuff until your able remotely access via your numeric. Your numeric WAN address can be found at "http://whatismyip.com".

The thing is i have more than one router on my network which is probably making things more difficult

this is a picture of my setup

243981_1.jpg

Hmm you have a quite complicated network for a house!

Ok firstly make sure router 2 and router 3 are not working as routers and they are only doing switching for you.

(You probably don't need their full firewall protection either)

If the above is done properly: You must do the port forwarding on router 1 not 3.

Otherwise you may have to do it on all 3 routers.

Try to undrestand the principal of what you are about to do, because otherwise you might go round in circles.

P.S: Also see if your DVR has a CN99 option. (for DDNS) That will work with no-ip.org