Sign in to follow this  
t-stag

DVR WiFi Access with iPod?

Hi. I would be grateful for some help. I have a Sentient DVR 4 camera connected to my Router (Netgear DG834N) via Ethernet LAN. I can view the cameras on my PC using VIEW_DvrExe.exe ok. This requires DVR IP address, Media Port 9000, Setup Port 8000, User ID and Password. It also sets the network as "Sub-Stream" rather than "Main Stream". All working ok so far.

The next step (before setting up remote access over the Internet via DynDNS) is to view the cameras on my iPod via WiFi. The Apps I have tried are vMEye and MobileEye. I have tried various settings with different port numbers without success. Just get "connecting". Any suggestions please?

I have the iPod remotely controlling my heating system with an App on the same LAN and WiFi no problems. I have also used the iPod in the past to monitor a previous CCTV system. I don't think the Router Firewall affects WiFi. Guess I am missing something this time

You need to know first what program you have to use on your iPod to view the cameras. Check your DVR documentation, CD if it came with any, or ask whoever you bought it from.

I used a similar machine that also uses meye but the DVR has a 'Mobile Port' which I put in meye. Default mobile port was 100.

Check under 'Network' and see if there's any other ports listed, and try out different ones in the app.

Wish they would label which port to use and which port to not use in the app.

Still no success. Have tried various Apps and port numbers, just get "connecting". The WiFi link should be easier than this.

Sorted After a lot of experimenting the App is MobileEye+ v1.0.7

Port is the Mobile Port.

Also there is a firewall in the DVR itself which needs setting with the appropriate IP Address.

Hope that helps someone else.