Sign in to follow this  
BrownChiLD

Possible ways to do remote DVR access w/o PORT FORWARDING?

Hi Guys

My issue is that most my customers are behind the ISP's router, where they are not getting public ip addresses, but rather internal to the ISP's network.. thus there's now way i can forward traffic from the web to an internal service w/o cooperation from the ISP, w/c is null..

I know there are Cloud based DVRs out there that bypass any network issues, but they tend to be slow, limited, and poor stream quality ... plus a lot of Cloud based DVRs do not support mobile devices...

So, what are the other ways of making this work, if there are any?

I was thinking of using a VPN service like hotspot shield or openVPN, will this work? has anyone tried it?

Here's a list of ISP I have worked with that allows port forwarding, it should be 90% of the market:

Verizon

Comcast xfinity

comcast business class

AT&T

Optimum online (sometimes)

Bellsouth

Doesn't work or needs to be from their side:

most satellite ISP

Optimum online

That is not even close to true and if you take the time to do a search on here you will see a few hundred posts to prove it.

what is not True? I don't get your comment

Here's a list of ISP I have worked with that allows port forwarding, it should be 90% of the market:

Verizon

Comcast xfinity

comcast business class

AT&T

Optimum online (sometimes)

Bellsouth

Doesn't work or needs to be from their side:

most satellite ISP

Optimum online

thanks mate but i'm not in the US.. im in the Philippines.. and the ISPs here are retards.. since demand for internet exploded here, they figured instead of purchasing IP address blocks , they decided to put all residential accounts behind their internal network.. hence there's really no way (i think) of listening to incoming requests or setting forwarding for public requests from the internal network anymore.. so it's not an issue of what ISP to go with anymore it's how i bypass this.. w/o using CLOUD BASED Dvrs

So it basically looks like this

WWW ---> ISP Network Routing (using real IP address) --- > Residential Accounts (using ISP private IP Addresses)

Ok, that makes sense now.... not what the ISP's are doing (boneheads) but I see your issue. My recommendation would be to use a service like logmein.com or something that will give you remote access to just your stuff.

Ok, that makes sense now.... not what the ISP's are doing (boneheads) but I see your issue. My recommendation would be to use a service like logmein.com or something that will give you remote access to just your stuff.

yeah man, boneheads they definitely are.. i hate that they're doin this ..

aite man tnx

excuse me, i am new and i do not know how to post.. i need help on this case: i want to connect 5 dvrs on series via rs485 and see if it is possible to control it with a joystick (the joystick is connected to a matrix)..