lumsden

DVR local network streaming problem

Hi,

I am in the process of installing a Samsung SDR-5100 with 10 camera CCTV system on my business network, but am currently running into many problems regarding viewing the camera stream on a local computer.

When I type in the IP of the system into IE browser the Samsung web viewer loads up just fine and looks as though it goes through but the video viewing is just a black screen. I called up tech support and they tapped into my computer and said that the port's that the DVR system was trying to use were blocked and that I needed to get them unblocked by the internet provider. Upon calling the internet provider they stated that they had no ports blocked and that there should not be a problem. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am not very educated in network setups so if there are any vital pieces of info on my system that I have left out please let me know.

Thanks!

I forgot to add that in our network there are multiple routers and I am unsure of the configuration since it is a very old system, I read into port forwarding and it almost sounds as though I may need to do that since the computer I am trying to access the DVR on is potentially on a "different" network. I have the DVR directly plugged into the main modem, I am just still very confused as to why the ports are coming through closed.

If you have multiple routers, you're going to have port issues. Is there a way to get a network map or something that shows the network layout? If so, then I can probably help you.

Try getting it to work with a laptop locally - this will let you know that all the active x components etc are enabled and will allow the video to be displayed - instead of a black screen.

once this is done -- try connecting with the laptop from a remote location- if you cant connect then you need to look at the ports. and finally try your desktop -if that's what you have since it may have different windows and internet explorer -which will affect web scripts etc running.

for help that has worked for no video via remote..see previous posts:-

In the past when I have come across web issues like buttons missing etc it has been to do with the browser settings affecting access to scripts and running components etc under the custom security button on internet explorer. on ie11 most are disabled.

It seems to block certain parts of the web page from loading.

--------------------------

usually when this happens the laptop needs some kind of activex component to allow the video stream to be viewed. generally when you run the viewing app and select the camera a message box would come up saying that a component is required to be installed and it would normally pull it off the connected camera. you could try the web page of the camera manufacturer to see if it can be downloaded and installed on your laptop. some issues also present using windows 7- try an xp machine if using win7 or win8.

------------------------

hi jazzar, you were right, i thought that if activex was installed for one dvr, they all should work. so changed the security settings and then installed the activex again and it works fine now on port 80. thanks for your help.

Look don't messs around with the routers or any port forwarding, simply advise the network manage what you require and what ports need opening and let them do the work because if you mess yjings up NOBODY is going to thank you and your attempt to do a good job will fall foul of a broken network.

NO CCTV business as usual, no network, no business.