Sign in to follow this  
abarr

No remote live view (new router)

Hi, thanks for reading.

I have a Hik NVR that I HAVE been able to remotely connect to, using my previous router. I use a dyn address and port forwarded 80,554 and 8000 to the NVR static address.

I just bought a new linksys 1900 router and can not get remote connection working.

I can login remotely and view settings and recorded footage. Just no live view. Locally I can see live footage, settings etc. No issues.

I can confirm using various sites that 80, 554 and 8000 are open.

I don't remember opening 8200 on my old device but do so on some literature that this is required. I am unable to open this port though, when I do on the router sites like canuseeme say that 8200 is not open.

The previous router was a dlink. My new linksys has settings that I am not used to like filter multicast, filter anonymous internet requests, filter internet nat redirection and filter ident.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

As a test I changed the port from 8000 to 7200 in the NVR settings. I then opened 7200 and 7400. Same result, I can see the NVR but no live view. 7400 appears as closed even though I opened it in the router. I thought I recalled that whatever the port you will view on, you also need the one 200 higher??

Thanks!!

For reference try portforward.com and type in the brand and model of the router it will tell you how to 'default' port forward

Because there are so many models of router perhaps they are not ALL listed choose another model no close to yours if yours in not present You can of course change the default ports to something different and see if they open. It may be another service application or game is using that port

I think on the Lynksys you must reseve the LAN IP of your DVR before assigning ports to it.

If you're talking about the Linksys WRT1900, there have already been a huge amount of complaint about it not working properly. It's brand new and not exactly time tested, so don't be surprised if it's your router that's causing the issues.

Since you're not new to this system, I'm under the assumption that you're familiar with which browsers, applications, and software are compatible for use. If you're using your browser, I would just recommend double checking to make sure you have the plugins configured the way they need to be.

To be honest, if you're not a networking guru, you've got the wrong router. That thing is ludicrously unnecessary for most peoples applications. If you're having a difficult time figuring out the Linksys, Netgear is still good quality and way more user friendly. If you just want a powerful router, look into the Netgear Nighthawk.