badri249

remote access problem

I am having problem in remote access of my DVR

Firstly, my router ip is 192.168.1.1 and it is D-Link DSL-2730U.

I set 192.168.1.254 static ip for my DVR and I set my http port to 8080, TCP port 34567 and mobile port 6600.

In router, I forward all port and check all port in http://www.canyouseeme.org and results say it can see i.e port is open.

I successfully access my DVR using 192.168.1.254:8080. But when I tried to access using my public IP I can't access locally too. Locally I tried to access through mobile but it say buffering and say no response.

Can anybody please help me to sort this problem?

I have had this issue before, but only from inside that network. Normally what I do to verify remote access is fire up the wi-fi hotspot on my phone and connect my laptop to that. This takes you outside of your network and allows you to truly prove if it works or not.

I am not sure what causes this, I suppose it could be some funky security thing with the ISP but I honestly have no idea why this happens. I have also called a friend in a different town and asked them to try the address.

If you have a smartphone it should have a wifi hotspot built in that will allow you to use your phone's internet connection on your laptop. If not, just go someplace with free wifi and try to connect to it from there. The key here is to get outside of your own network.

254851_1.png

If you're on your own network, try adding http:// in front of the address when you're in a browser. If all else fails, you could try assigning a new address to the Dvr. Recently we had a power outage and I couldn't hit the Dvr anymore remotely or locally. I use No-ip and know how to network all this stuff. Something got screwed. I fixed finally by assigning a new static address to the Dvr. Also you should consider using something like No-ip for remote access, instead of using the public ip address.

The reason why this does not work is the because the ISP does not allow loop back from inside its own network.

In my experience comcast does not allow loop back. Most DSL providers do allow it.

If you are on a cell phone testing your external connection. Just turn off your wifi and use your cell phone data service with the mobile app to test.

Also a big mistake people forget is to set their gateway to the right ip. If you do not set that correctly you will never get the dvr out on the internet. Also setting an incorrect dns will stop your dvr from connecting to ddns and email notification as well.