Sign in to follow this  
Dubai944

Problems With Remote Configuration Settings of Dahua DVR

Hi All,

I installed a Dahua DVR and 2 cameras at my home in Australia last week, set up my router and managed to get remote viewing working through smart pss on my mac and dmss on my ipad etc.

Unfortunately I had to leave for overseas the same day, so beyond sorting out a dynamic dns and port forwarding to get live view working I didn't have time to adjust any configuration settings to optimise the camera settings etc.

What I have discovered now I am away is that I can log in no problem and view the cameras, as well as use the playback function, but when I try to access any of the device configuration settings I just get error messages saying they can't be accessed. For example if I select the General Network settings it pops up a box saying "Failed to get TCP/IP information!" and if I select a Camera and the Encode settings it pops up a box saying "failed to get video/audio data!"

Basically I can't use any of the configuration functions remotely, even though I can log in and see the feeds. Any ideas why that would be?