sscctv

Windows 8

Hi I wonder if anybody can help!

I have just brought a new windows 8 laptop and I cannot view any CCTV from this, I can log on but the pictures are blocked,

I have a windows 7 laptop that works fine in the same environment, I have altered the Active x controls in internet tools to match the windows 7 lap top still no joy,

You must be missing some plug-ins, and/or not giving access to the plug-ins. What type of cameras are you trying to view? Also try a different web browsers; firewall/security settings can stop you from viewing some CCTV cameras through web browsers FYI , i would disable all firewalls and security applications.

Firewall shouldn't be an issue, since the connection is initially established by you. Win 8 firewall by default allows all outbound. At most allow all inbound from the specific camera IP addresses, I would recommend not disabling your firewall.

I have 3 Win8 devices + mobile 8 and can view IP and analogue cameras on them all so I would agree that it would probably be a plugin issue.

I found active x components in ie11 stopped web pages and cctv viewer from displaying- try selecting custom security and allowing most active x under settings see how it goes then.

Many Thanks for taking the time to reply

I am still a little stuck, I am trying to view a range of analogue cameras and Hikvision digital ip cameras

I normally use active x plug in to view cameras but windows is trying to load Quickview?

Any Ideas

Many Thanks

Many Thanks for taking the time to reply

I am still a little stuck, I am trying to view a range of analogue cameras and Hikvision digital ip cameras

I normally use active x plug in to view cameras but windows is trying to load Quickview?

Any Ideas

Many Thanks

I would recommend using Chrome, but manually download the active X from here http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download_more.asp?id=944

also if you are still having issues i can TeamViewer in and take a look if you would like, just send me a message

Hi adbelm01

Thank you for your advice I will try chrome and download active x if not I will be I contact,its starting to drive me mad

Many Thanks for your time

Regards

Yeah try chrome. But let chrome take you through any plug-in requests. Follow the prompts. Grabbing anything manually could cause another unnecessary conflict. Whatever has failed in Windows and then when trying chrome, it always walks me through the appropriate prompts to get things going even though it's chrome. Good luck.

I previously posted this for issue with trying to viewing video- ususlyy just an emty window displayed instead of the video image:-

its probably windows 7 or 8 that is the problem viewing video- try running laptop in xp mode if you can or try an xp laptop.

the nvr should be recording/playing fine. in ie11 you can click on the cog-tools icon on top right and select f12 tools this allows you to set up older style browsers and windows operation modes for internet explorer- not 100% up on it but you could investigate with these.

there are also all sorts of active x components in windows 7 that are disabled- they may need to be enabled. Its a nightmare the number of settings that can be tweeked.

Hope it can help.