TheRock598

DVR and router issue

Hi All,

I have a LaView LV-KDV2804W1 DVR and my router is a Actiontec R1000H fibreOp. I know I am doing something wrong setting up both to communicate properly without interuption, so I am asking here for help.

I will explain how I have it setup right now.

Right now the only way I can get the email alerts to be sent to my iPhone is to enable DHCP in DVR. (Is there a way to do that within the DVR with DHCP unchecked?) But problem with that is when I get a power bump sometimes the local ip address changes. If I set a 192**** address for the ports then with a power bump it changes and I cannot access the video when away. I cannot access the router when away to find out which ip address it assigned

Is it possible to set a static address for the DVR with DHCP still enabled in the router for the other electronics connected?

If the answer is yes, can someone please give me a detailed walkthrough on where to enter the info in my Actiontec R1000H router?

Greatly appreciate any info on this

cheers

Yes, you can set a static dhcp or static ip reservation in the actiontec (as well as most routers these days). Unfortunately, it's been about a year since I've been near an actiontec router, so I can't remember where the settings might be. Just do some searches on 'actiontec dhcp reservation' and it should lead you in the right direction.

Thank you for the reply.

I found the answer and my system is working now.

cheers

Excellent. Glad to hear you're back up and running.