Sign in to follow this  
johnnysivilian

Viewing via Tmobile ZTE Hotspot / Ethernet Bridge / DDNS

Howdy boys and girls, I am doing a small side job and mis-communication has me in a jam.

The structure is a small RV being used as a small office. When I was originally talking with the business owner, he mentioned being able to view his cameras from home. I said, "sure, no problem as long as you have internet." He said, "yes, I have wifi."

So I went to the trailer to see what I was getting myself into and his internet is a Tmobile ZTE Mobile Hotspot. No hardwire modem or router.

I have been looking into an ethernet bridge to hook the dvr (an xvim off ebay) to the hotspot. But I'm having a hard time figuring out the ddns aspect.

The hotspot is a dhcp server so it will give the bridge an ip, but will it give the dvr an ip?

The dvr has a section to input ddns info (from your choice - no built in ddns, d'oh), so would I need to do anything else to make it work?

I dont want to have him buy something that wont work.

Thanks in advance...

Steve

http://www.facebook.com/stevethecameraguy

Ok so there are 2 interesting things to add. I ended up getting a netgear ethernet bridge from best buy (located in the home theater section, the sap trying to help me was clueless and kept trying to sell me an unmanaged switch).

It is tiny. Almost like a key chain. Hooking it up was easy and when I connected to the hotspot, I could view the dvr locally.

I tried setting up a free dns account, but nothing would work. After searching more about the system, it seems that they have some sort of P2P cloud set up.

Unfortunately, I had already left when I read that. So I am planning to go back and set up the bridge again and attempt to negotiate their "cloud server".

This is why I love Nuvico dvrs.

www.facebook.com/stevethecameraguy