wxman

Long Distance IP Camera Control

We're trying to get some PTZ IP cameras set up for remote control over internet. Problem is, some of the places we need to install do not have internet access. In some cases, the nearest internet connection would be anywhere from 1000 ft away to as much as several miles away...In essence, the cameras would need to be connected to routers at the install site and those routers would need to connect wirelessly to a distant internet connection. Obviously, standard WIFI is only going to serve a couple hundred feet without the use of repeaters.

I'm looking for some advice on what the best (preferably cheapest) method is of doing this would be? I've seen some 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz wireless transmitters that seem like they would do the trick to reach thousands of feet and perhaps several miles, but I'm trying to determine what would be the best options.

I also understand that the FCC imposes limits on the power/radiated power that a transmitter can send using these frequencies in the U.S.

Hopefully someone here has experience with this and can send some pointers my way. I'm not exactly sure where to even start!

Thanks in advance!

have a look at the veracity range- veracity longspan. see if its any good, think from memory good for 300m.

Take a look at ubiquiti nanostations

surely agree with Boo,,,

you could take a look at the ubiquiti wireless access point or just tell your situation to them.

To see if they could provide a proper solution for you according to your "long distance" project.

Hi,my friend.We have an equipment(wireless ap)can help you to solve your problem.It can transfer the singnal as long as 4-5 km.You can add my skype:cctv.hugeeye.

You have to build wireless bridge with CPE devices, for example 2 Nanobridge from Ubiquiti. Very important is visibility between antennas.