Mark Ware

Qvis Medusa and BT HomeHub 5

First post here after doing some research so hopefully a solution!

I have a qvis medusa DVR and a couple of cameras.

The setup seems to work fine, and i can see it from the internet via internet explorer (port 80) no problems.

The problem is coming from my android devices as of course there are non that accept active X components so mobile webpage browsing is out.

So off i go to get the Qvis app, but this wont connect either...

So to the router to open ports: 80,8000,34567, 37777 still no joy.

After that its a case of putting the dvr in the DMZ.. no joy.

open port checker says the ports are open, and i have checked the external ip address.

I have 5 sites to setup in total all with medusas and there cameras, but if i cannot get this working i will have to think of a new plan!

Any help welcomed.

Mark

Sorry to advise you the following but I have found Medusa's to be nothing but trouble when setting up for remote view and the remote client zoom function, don't even go there once the client wants to zoom in. Its as if the zoom function has a gremlin operating it separately.

As a result we sold them off cheap on ebay just so we wouldn't have the aggravation with this DVR. Also we ended up replacing three of these for our clients replacing with other DVRs. We want our customers to have a good experience and not suffer the peculiarities and problems we had with this model of DVR.

Lets see if we can help you anyway, what router do you have and who is the service provider?