Sign in to follow this  
P1ro

PC NVR SYSTEM

Hi everyone, my name is david, im from Venezuela. been installing cctv for a while by now, most on normal nvr or dvr, But now i got a pc with tredent software and 12 tredent ip110w cameras, they are really old, but doing their job.

Problem right now is we need more cameras, firts i think about get a nvr with at least 24ch but problem is the protocol on the ip110w and new cameras.

im trying to find a solution where i keep using the pc and ip110w + new cameras, si if someone could recomend me a good software for pc, linux/windows dont matter but a software that could support the cameras and options for remote watch.

Thanks for the time.

moderators note, i dont know where this post should belong if dont belong here, plz movem to their right place and sorry my mistake (if)

Hola David.....I was looking at the trendnet site and it seems that they have a replacement model for the cameras that you are using, and a new updated Luxriot software that would support 100+ cameras. It might just be more cost effective to just switch all the cameras and use a stand alone DVR, and it will probably cost you about the same but with all new hardware. Te mando un PM con mi informacion.

Hola David.....I was looking at the trendnet site and it seems that they have a replacement model for the cameras that you are using, and a new updated Luxriot software that would support 100+ cameras. It might just be more cost effective to just switch all the cameras and use a stand alone DVR, and it will probably cost you about the same but with all new hardware. Te mando un PM con mi informacion.

Thanks for the answer, well right now im just trying to best for the actual hardware, cuz money is kinda a problem right here. i have read about a few, even a free software for that pc that i would going to try soon, im looking for suggeestion, cuz, we aint getting a ptz camera and the amount of cameras is just 12 right now and maybe 8+ in a future.

What are the specs on the pc you are using now? processor?

what cameras do you intend to add?

its a pemtium core 2 duo 2.2 with 4gb ram two hd one of 80gb and other of 2tb

as for cameras, basic IP cams with IR cameras is what im looking for it, nothing fancy or special, just basic IP with IR cams for night vision.

Thanks.

I have family down over there in Venezuela, so I know what you mean by having capital issues. First question, the cameras that you have now, are they doing the job or do you want to upgrade those?

Second, The software avaiable free for this many cameras is more than likely going to be garbage, it's going to cost you some money to get a good server program.

Third, you need to figure out what format and protocol your cameras are working with, and that whatever software you decide to go with supports them, and then you need to find cameras that work with this system.

Hi, and tahnks fr your answer, well...

1st cameras right now eed to be changed but i dont have the money for it, im thiking of changing one by one.

2nd Well im trying genius vision, wich looks very nice but i cannont find a way to add the trendnet tv-ip110w cameras for it, i have the right url, but is not using a custom url format.

3rd they are using http mpeg. or i think it that one.