ivorbiggun

Help with my rubbish cctv box please and network :(

Hi all

I have a cctv box that works a treat. However....... I have connected it to my network and its sending a signal that my pc can see and "open". At this point it asks for a log in, i know the information yet when i press connect nothing happens, i have installed all the plug-ins, and used IE, Firefox and Chrome but all have the same black box with controls and the log in, so i am wondering if the box's software is not working right.

I got the box off a mate who got it off a mate who he no longer speaks to so no idea where it was from, there isn't really any information on the box so i cant go to there website etc

I have limited knowledge of CCTV DVR boxes so not sure if you can install new software like you would on a pc etc so i hope one of you fine folks can help me

Active-X Control

Please install this file, if you can`t see a black box below.

IP : 192.168.0.33 Port : Password :

Thats what i see (i have removed the port and password to be safe) under that is a connect and disconnect icon, then the black box that it suggests i should have. It shows all the various controls IE playback and pan controls but just wont connect

I do hope you can help as i would love to be able to set this up for viewing while i am out as some idiot tried to break in to my house last week while my wife was home alone, being able to see them while i am out is excellent

Thank you for reading

Ric

1946145416_CCTVImage.jpg.42de6c0dd42d5a9d16937ccf4e9ebaa4.jpg

In IE, run that IP address in compatibility mode. And make sure all Active X and firewall settings are properly set on or off in IE settings.

In IE, run that IP address in compatibility mode. And make sure all Active X and firewall settings are properly set on or off in IE settings.

Tried that pal, still no joy

if using internet explorer with windows 7 or 8 you could also try selecting the tools cog, and select f12 developer tools and select ie9, 8 or 7 mode and see if any of these work. also try selecting internet options-security tab - custom security level and enable the java settings under scripting to see if that helps.

if using internet explorer with windows 7 or 8 you could also try selecting the tools cog, and select f12 developer tools and select ie9, 8 or 7 mode and see if any of these work. also try selecting internet options-security tab - custom security level and enable the java settings under scripting to see if that helps.

Tried that too