afreeman

Need Internet based software interface

I am looking into developing a multi user access to our 16 camera system. We have 200 users. They don't want a CMS (or VMS) software to download to their PC. Instead they want to sign up with a login and go to our website and use the login to access the live video stream. Is there an internet based software that allows large multi user base that does not need to run any software on their PCs? I would like to license such software so we can make it available on our website. Thx.

THAT rather depends on your DVR. The DVR has to allow the right number of user accounts.

I think what he's describing is people accessing the streaming live feed through a somewhat private domain, not necessarily directly accessing a recorder.

If I'm hearing you right, you don't require any software for it. However, you will require some knowledge on the subject that I am definitely not qualified to give you. I have seen several threads throughout this forum related to the subject though.

On a side note, I rarely see satisfied customers who go this route. Your results are usually much less than what you're expecting. I also don't even want to think about what happens if you actually have 200 simultaneous users and haven't accounted for that amount of usage.

I would like to license such software so we can make it available on our website. Thx.

You Might be a bit late ........ It's called Cloud.