skyhn

Help with Swann DVR network connection

I have the Swann DVR8-2550. I have updated the latest firmware available. My issue is I can get LAN viewing to work with remote connection but not over the internet or with a cell phone using the swann app.

I have a static IP connection. All ports are forwarded to the proper dhcp address for the dvr, DNS is configured for the gateway address and 8.8.8.8 for googles public dns.

With a laptop it simply says not found, and with a cell phone when it connects to the dvr, it sits for a sec and says that the camera timed out. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing it not to connect? Please feel free to get technical. Thank you

Have you confirmed that the ports aren't being blocked by your ISP? Most of the port checking tools people use will tell you they're open even if they're being blocked.

I use this: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

If you've forwarded your ports and they show here as "Stealth", it's an indication that your ISP is blocking the ports.

Assuming that you did all the port forwarding correctly, that's really my only guess. I would suggest posting a screen shot of those port forwarding services so people can double check your work.

Ok so update on this now, after we finished gutting our office equipment. I determined that it was the router, it was a very old router that used scripting and other things to forward ports. I set them up with a new router thats got all the bells and whistles.

I am able to access the dvr login page remotely now, however, I cannot login. It says "Login Failed!" when I try to login. Ive created a new username and password, gave it all the authority and enabled it, and still get login failed with it. Any ideas on what the problem is?