Sign in to follow this  
securetech94

I need Help! DVR Can't Get full access!

I installed this new DVR and I did basically everything i know, from opening the ports, to creating a DNS.

Looks like when I enter the DNS or public IP from an external network, it DOES give me access to the LOG-IN page to enter the username and password of the DVR. But It doesn't give me complete access after that. When I click LOG-IN, it tells me (Fail to Connect)

If I'm in the internal network and enter the actual dvr's IP:Port, Works Perfect.

PLEASE HELP!

I installed this new DVR and I did basically everything i know, from opening the ports, to creating a DNS.

Looks like when I enter the DNS or public IP from an external network, it DOES give me access to the LOG-IN page to enter the username and password of the DVR. But It doesn't give me complete access after that. When I click LOG-IN, it tells me (Fail to Connect)

If I'm in the internal network and enter the actual dvr's IP:Port, Works Perfect.

PLEASE HELP!

Usually the DVR's are using multiple ports to send video footage to web browsers. Check if any "data"ports are needed in order to connect. (Check the NETWORK section for this port numbers and forward those, too).