knizam

Remote Viewing

Hi,

I am having a strange issue when remote viewing our cams using same ISP which my DVR is using.

In my case I have 2 ISP's "ISP A" & "ISP B"

My DVR is setup with proper DDNS and port forwarding using "ISP A", this is working fine for viewing the cams on LAN and also remotely using "ISP B". I can access my cams using browser and also through iPhone App's without ay problem.

Here the problem is, my cellphone 3G ISP is same as the ISP I am using for my DVR i.e "ISP A", when I try to view the cams it does not connect.

To make it simple as soon as i leave my office and start using my mobile 3G network which is same ISP as my DVR I cannot view the cams but when I try to view it from my friends cell phone which is a different ISP I can view the cams without any issue.

Can anyone help here to fix this issue?

Regards,

K.Nizam

The phone Android or iOS ?

If your current RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) port 554, change it to 5554.

For iOS, forward port 18004 for router attached to DVR/NVR.

Let us know how it worked please.

I am using iPhone but have also tested on Android the results are same on both. Where do I change the RTSP port? Are you sure its something to do with ports? I was thinking about nat loopback issue.

Because I can view the cams without problem using a different ISP.

Regards,

K.Nizam

My DVR is setup with proper DDNS and port forwarding using "ISP A", this is working fine for viewing the cams on LAN and also remotely using "ISP B". I can access my cams using browser and also through iPhone App's without ay problem.

Accessing DVR via web browser from ISP B, (Personal Hotspot from iPhone?) or any other outside ISP, it's using ports 443- HTTPS or port 85- HTTP if DDNS is setup properly.

Locally connected (Same router, thus same IP range as DVR ) iPhone app uses RTSP port 554 without issue. It's only an issue when coming in outside your LAN. Forward port 18004 to DVR IP address and test using 3G network.

Where do I change the RTSP port?

Without knowing Mfg/Model of your DVR....how should I know? Check the owners manual.

Android base phones, combined with their data providers, it's been documented (Look around Google), some don't play nice with rtsp port 554. Solution has been to change it to 5554.

I'd also add, your DVR IP address should be static.

Some people use more than one router at home (For whatever reason), even if both are set as DHCP.

Main router, usually provided by ISP, 192.168.1.1, Subnet 255.255.255.0. an IP range of 192.168.1.100-149

Second router with static internet setting of 192.168.1.2, Gateway 192.168.1.1 & Subnet & DNS same as main router.

Lets say second router set as DHCP, issues an IP range of 192.168.10.100 - 149

Know lets assume your DVR connects to 192.168.10.101.

From main router you'll need to forward needed ports to IP address of second router first, than forward ports from second router to IP address (192.168.10.101) of DVR.

RSTP. Nothing at all to do with your problem. Are you using a apple app to connect to your unit.

Like you have already stated you have access from another ISP besides your own ..... So it must be working.

You are right about the return path ......... Do you have a personal cloud over your devices

Here are some details that can help you understand.

I just have one router at my office which has DHCP enabled. I allotted 192.168.1.100 as a static IP to my DVR.

I have enabled Free DDNS Service provided by CPPLUS DVR brand so my DDNS is xyz.cpplusddns.com

I have setup port forwarding in my router for port 25001 and 80, I have iDMSS Lite installed on my iPhone which is setup to use port 25001 for remote viewing the cams.

Everything works fine when I am at office over LAN i.e when I am connected to same office network I can view the cams on my iPhone and also on my MacBook.

Everything also works fine when I am out of office at my friends place or at any public hot spots I can view the cams on my iPhone and also on my MacBook.

The problem is only when I try to use same ISP network from remote location to view the cams. If the ISP which my DVR is using and the ISP which is used to view the cams are same I cannot view the cams.

For example:

DVR Using: ISP A

iPhone Using: ISP B

=Everything works fine!

DVR Using: ISP A

iPhone Using: ISP A

=Nothing works

Regards,

K.Nizam

Just so others (including myself) are not confused.

What Tomcctv posted wasn't a typo.

RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol) Referring to possible Loop error.

&

RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)

I setup port forwarding for 18004 and also changed RTSP port from 554 to 5554. The problem is still there.

Regards,

K.Nizam

I setup port forwarding for 18004 and also changed RTSP port from 554 to 5554. The problem is still there.

Regards,

K.Nizam

Keep forwarding 18004, and put rtsp back to 554.

I have another setup of DVR at home and that is using ISP B.

And when I use my ISP A on iPhone I can view my home cams fine.

So the problem is not about any particular ISP or blocking issue, the root cause is that the DVR and Remote viewing of cams cannot use same ISP. I would like to know why its like that and how can I fix it.

Regards,

K.Nizam

Keep forwarding 18004, and put rtsp back to 554.

Changed tsp back to 554 and 18004 forward is still in place. No luck still.

Regards,

K.Nizam

I read that you need to setup NAT loopback on the router. This allows you to connect to the WAN interface IP while you're on the LAN. Could this be the issue because we are using same ISP?

Regards,

K.Nizam

To much messing about ........ Your remote works away from your location So it works

No point looking at local connection ..... But that also works .

Your DDNS bounces all over the place

Instead of using your DDNS acount when away but using same ISP USE your external IP and see if your still blocked

For a dahua you should be using port 37777 for your app .

You can change it all later but if you keep to makers direction it should be easier to setup

If there is no IP address conflict from the ISPs, the only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of routing issue with the ISP. I would contact them as there shouldn't be any issue with two devices with public IPs talking on their network.