kevin-san

Network Change - odd behavior afterwards

I did not set up this network but I am a Senior Network Engineer helping out a friend.

What he has running is an Aver EH1000H Nano with 2 analog cameras and 2 HIKVISION IP cameras. On the same network are 2 PCs and a security door sensor. That is it. All connected to a trendnet poe switch with a connection to the router. Pretty simple.

Everything had been working fine until his ISP replaced the router. The new router has a new private IP range. His PCs and security sensor were getting IP via DHCP and they came up fine with the new router.

So, I changed the IP on the EH1000H as well as the cameras. I set up port forwarding on the router to the EH1000H new IP and the remote app works as well, except I only see the analogs as I hadn't set up the IP cameras yet in the EH1000H. All good, right?

In the EH1000H I went to change the config of the IP Cameras by using the search function and it does see the IP cameras with the new addresses however whenever I try to connect to either it comes up "connection failed" using onvif and http (port 80). I checked all of the white/black list security settings (not enabled). Rebooted the cameras, rebooted the EH1000H, rebooted the PoE switch. It would not bring up the cameras. I can hit the camera web interfaces just fine from a PC on the same subnet as well.

What is even stranger is that one of the cameras came up in the EH1000H at one point during my testing after a reboot. I made the same changes on the other camera, rebooted it, and both went away on the EH1000H.

There is no IP conflict or anything like that.

I came over the next day and one of the cameras was working in the EH1000H, even though it was still set with the old network segment/IP camera IP because it would not take the new IP due to "connection failed". WTF?!?!?!?

Does the EH1000H do some sort of caching or anything like that? This is starting to drive me crazy. I have looked at just about every screen in both the cameras and the EH1000H and the only thing that has changed from the previous configuration (that was working) is the camera IPs!

Thanks all ... no dmz. I am wondering if the equipment will change settings when the IP is changed.

I will double-check everything and take some screen grabs or something next time I am at his office.

Sounds like the cameras aren't releasing the old IPs. I bet they will all start magically working once the old dhcp lease time expires and they pick up new addresses.