shamsudeen

how to assign static public ip in dvr

hi, i am new to this CCTV installation and setup, will you please help me about the network setup and assigning a public static ip in the dvr to view the camera on my iphone 5s, i dont want to use ddns, internet service provider gave an static public ip

brank Hikvision 4 channel basic model

i have adsl modem

Thank you

sam

You would not put the Static IP in the DVR/NVR. You would pu the static ip in your router.

Do you have a separate modem and a separate router? Please let us know the models numbers of each.

Thank you for your reply, you are saying that put the Public static IP in ADSL Modem not in the DVR right? Is there any requirement of Port-forwarding when we use the Public static IP?, do I need to put the PPPoE user name and password in the DVR? Please enlighten me

thank you

I have one ADSL modem only that connected to the System and a lan cable to the DVR directly from the ADSL modem, I have set the LAN IP to the DVR for local network view,

Thank you for your reply, you are saying that put the Public static IP in ADSL Modem not in the DVR right? Is there any requirement of Port-forwarding when we use the Public static IP?, do I need to put the PPPoE user name and password in the DVR? Please enlighten me

thank you

I have one ADSL modem only that connected to the System and a lan cable to the DVR directly from the ADSL modem, I have set the LAN IP to the DVR for local network view,

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Your ISP will either assign you a static IP or a dynamic depending on the plan you have. Many plans come with a static IP these days. If you have a dynamic IP then you will need to register for a Dynamic DNS service.

If you are talking about giving the DVR a static IP on your local network, such as 192.168.0.100, you can set that all up in your router menu. You will then need to set up port forwarding in your modem to forward outside requests to the DVR for remote viewing applications. Make sure that you have changed all of your passwords from their default before doing that.

thank you

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Your ISP will either assign you a static IP or a dynamic depending on the plan you have. Many plans come with a static IP these days. If you have a dynamic IP then you will need to register for a Dynamic DNS service.

If you are talking about giving the DVR a static IP on your local network, such as 192.168.0.100, you can set that all up in your router menu. You will then need to set up port forwarding in your modem to forward outside requests to the DVR for remote viewing applications. Make sure that you have changed all of your passwords from their default before doing that.

Thank you for the reply,

I have a internet plan with static IP, need to view DVR in my iPhone or from outside anywhere. I have no any idea how to do that?

Thank you

Thank you for the reply,

I have a internet plan with static IP, need to view DVR in my iPhone or from outside anywhere. I have no any idea how to do that?

Thank you

You need to set up port forwarding in your router.

For example if your DVR is 192.168.0.2 you set up a port forward on port 10000 for arguments sake to forward requests on that port to 192.168.0.2. The address you type into the web browser/phone would look something like this

123.456.789.012:10000.

Simply having an open port is not enough. that port must forward requests to the DVR.

If you google how to set up port forwarding for your router there could be a youtube tutorial on it.

If you have a static IP, great! Just get your Internet working, connect the dvr to your dmz port or enable dmz for the dvr. Then you can just log in via the static ip. Done!