sprocket42

Bosch Control Center Alternative?

Hello, first time posting. I work in IT and the company I work for does some surveillance work which I am not very experienced in yet.

One of our customer's has a Bosch 600 series DIVAR, he's running Control Center 3.36 on his PC - Windows 7 x86. Control Center will open and you can navigate just fine, until you try to export video. When he clicks the "Export" button, another window comes up, this window does one of three things. It will hang and you have to recover the web page a couple times to get it to load. Or, it comes up with a log in screen to log in to the DIVAR, or it just shows the export screen I would expect, where you specify times and dates, which camera, etc.

The web interface also does the same thing, the log in screen will show up less than half the time, the other half it will just hang. Confirmed with Bosch support the unit has updated firmware and software, not much help otherwise.

I've tried everything I can think of from the Windows side and nothing has fixed it.

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Bosch Control Center software? Or is someone familiar with this issue that can provide a fix?

Any help or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm very sorry to hear you are dealing with Bosch software! We used to sell only Bosch products for years but recently abandon their products. Their recorders and especially client viewing software is very poor.

The only viewing client software I have found to work is this package. It is a rather large file but it does seem to work.

http://us.boschsecurity.com/us_product/products/video/videosoftware/advancedviewingclients/videoclient/videoclient_3235

I'm very surprised Control Center 3.36 was running on a Windows 7 machine. Well I guess it wasn't since you were having some lock up issues.

Good luck......you'll need it!

Forgot to mention. You should probably have the latest version of firmware in the recorder too. You should be able to find it on the Bosch web site with the link I sent regarding the client software.

Thank you for your condolences. It's been painful, this thing has had issues from the very beginning. Glad it isn't just us that have had problems.

The recorder has the latest firmware. I'll give the other viewing client software a try tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll post back to let everyone know the results.

Definitely works better, doesn't hang as much. However it still does not export or work consistently. We're abandoning ship and changing brands. Thank you for taking the time to help!

Sorry to hear about your continuing problems but I am not surprised. Bosch quality and product support has certainly dropped in the last few years. And when I did call tech support, finding someone that could speak clear English was very hard. Our regional rep gave me a phone extension that would go to the USA based call center instead.