Sign in to follow this  
lserver30

Need Help With Choosing a PC to Live View 16 Cams

I just set up a system with 16 Hikvision cams, (4-2332's & 12-2032's), and love it; however the computer I'm using to live view the cameras barley has the brawn to handle previewing 4 of them at a time. (It's a 3-4 year old Dell with an i3 that I wiped clean and reinstalled Windows 7 just to live view with iVMS-4200). So I was hoping that you guys could help me with some specs as to what I would need or will worked to decode all 16 cameras (1080p, 25-30fps, bitrate ~4,000) at once? Thanks in advance!

I just set up a system with 16 Hikvision cams, (4-2332's & 12-2032's), and love it; however the computer I'm using to live view the cameras barley has the brawn to handle previewing 4 of them at a time. (It's a 3-4 year old Dell with an i3 that I wiped clean and reinstalled Windows 7 just to live view with iVMS-4200). So I was hoping that you guys could help me with some specs as to what I would need or will worked to decode all 16 cameras (1080p, 25-30fps, bitrate ~4,000) at once? Thanks in advance!

http://hikvision.msk.ru/download/ManualEng/iVMS/EN_Spec_of_iVMS-4200_PCNVR.pdf

See page 2 for recommended configurations

If you run one of the newer I7 processors at say 4GHZ and more ram that should give you heaps of headroom

Keep in mind iVMS-4200 can adapt the stream you are using depending the size of the monitor/resolution. It does not make sense to watch 16 stream at 1920x1080 unless you have a 7680x4320 resolution desktop/screen, which I doubt you have.

If you have your screen resolution at 1920x1080, when you are watching 16 cameras, iVMS-4200 will use the substream, which you can have set at a lower resolution. When you double click a camera to make it full screen, then it will change to the main stream.