lacons29

VXM4 Concept Pro Remote Client

Hi, as a newbie to cctv full stop I have been tasked with setting up remote access to a new site we have purchased. It has a concept pro system with a VXM4 dvr. Having had quote from a security company for setting up the remote client access I thought I would look into it to see what was involved. The instructions seemed relatively simple but having got through to the point where the dvr is connected to the internet and the remote client is set up there just seems to be some issue preventing it from connecting. I get the error message 'cannot connect to server'. The system doesn't give me the option to use DCHP but I have 'unchecked' the ddns option? I have a static ip address from BT but I am wondering if BT is the problem. I understand you need alot more information than this but I am hoping someone with experience of this system may be able to help me? Thanks

No I started something that I though I was capable of (as the instructions seemed very simple) and having spent an entire day working through every point that people said could be causing an issue I have now become extremely frustrated and thought maybe there was something very simple I had missed. I wanted to actually finish the job for myself but that's fine I'll call an engineer.

and So you thought you'd get on here and we'd do it for you for Free ?

You mean you can't help Mark

ITs a public help forum

No I started something that I though I was capable of (as the instructions seemed very simple) and having spent an entire day working through every point that people said could be causing an issue I have now become extremely frustrated and thought maybe there was something very simple I had missed. I wanted to actually finish the job for myself but that's fine I'll call an engineer.

Hi. The concept is easy ...... If you PM me your email I'll send you directions .... Numb-nuts will make the post complicated if post on here

Sorry he made your first experience on the forum not so welcoming ...... But there are 100s who are willing to help for free.... As what forum was for

Have to say that numbnuts is a star in the making and having received this PM I'll probably retire gracefully after just saying it's Auntie Ebenezer actually and if my employer would let me spend the £600 I was quoted then I would have done in a heartbeat but as he wouldn't I was trying to use my initiative to save the company money (after all the instruction manual tells me how to do it so surely that means the end user should be able to do it?) Again I apologise for asking for advice and for starving your children.

Quote from Numbnuts PM:

Hello Uncle Ebeneza

The purpose of this forum is to help one another (and that includes home users) but not to help tight wad businesses put installers out of business by telling them how to avoid our fees. Your contempt is astounding!

The only reason you didn't phone the people that company who quoted you and ask them how to do it was you knew that you'd get a reply involving running, jumping and Lakes.

What a cheek you've got to come on the forum and try and steal the bread out of my children's mouths.

also attached was an image of Ebeneza for good measure!

Don't take any notice of numb nuts ....... He is a bit like the forum nutter ...... DIYer who says been doing CCTV for years ..... He forgets his first posts are still on forum

Just throw him some nuts ..... That will keep him happy

Numb-Nuts

Just been pm Sam he is a nice guy so hope we get him sorted out .

My concern is your direct PMs to him .... A nasty message to a new member is out of order

Be a man and apologise to the guy