Sign in to follow this  
nematocyst

spent a week pulling my hair out... Please HELP ME....

Hello. Ive spent a week trying to solve this and can't. if anyone could help me id greatly appreciate it.

I have a dvr (q-see) and want to connect it to an access point (edup ep-2913) but dont know how to config all the IP addresses and subnet and all these cctv tech terms... the dvr ip is 192.168.0.111 access point ip is 192.168.0.111 and both subnets are 255.255.255.000 I've toggled to AP mode, connect the dvr to ap via ether cable. my computers wifi card picks up the signal and shows the ap (edup_bodf7f) with full signal but I dont see it on my modem. I've checked the DHCP client list and the uPnP... attached is of my dvr any advice and help would be appreciated. thank you

1506811102_2015-10-0223_55.57(640x360).jpg.43f96efcc0b3d7d3b61adbaa69132a33.jpg

My apologies if I misread something on here....I want to make sure we're talking about the same things here.

DVR

So if I understand correctly, your DVR has a wireless capability? And you want to connect it to your LAN via a wireless connection?

Or is the DVR wired only?

Hello. Ive spent a week trying to solve this and can't. if anyone could help me id greatly appreciate it.

I have a dvr (q-see) and want to connect it to an access point (edup ep-2913) but dont know how to config all the IP addresses and subnet and all these cctv tech terms... the dvr ip is 192.168.0.111 access point ip is 192.168.0.111 and both subnets are 255.255.255.000 I've toggled to AP mode, connect the dvr to ap via ether cable. my computers wifi card picks up the signal and shows the ap (edup_bodf7f) with full signal but I dont see it on my modem. I've checked the DHCP client list and the uPnP... attached is of my dvr any advice and help would be appreciated. thank you

Change the IP of the DVR to be different from the IP of your access point. I have no experience with that cheap AP/repeater but if you could find the manual and post it up we may be able to help.

The networking stuff has nothing to do with cameras in particular. It's just general Internet Protocol networking used by computers to talk to each other.

255.255.255.0 is called the network mask, or how many devices can work together. Which in this case is 254 devices numbered: 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254

Using 192.168.0.0 and 255.255.255.0 is an arbitrary choice for most simple networks. Gotta pick something so most instructions use that.

Each device must have its own address. Do not overlap or it won't work.

One of those is the gateway out of the subnet to other networks or the Internet, and which is often but not always address #1 in the range. Do not use the gateway address for other devices.

Javik has is covered, you cannot have the same address for two devices. The DVR should be one address (like 111) and the access point should be something else (like 112). The gateway address is almost certainly your router IP address unless your internet provider required something specific.