madperson

Problems with Generic H.264 DVR Network

I have a Generic H.264 DVR 8ch system fitted with a 1TB SATA Drive. I bought it off Ebay new. Everything works as it should except trying to log in from my computer so I can use the supplied CMS software.

After configuring the port forwarding settings through a Virgin Superhub 2 correctly I believe because it does connect to my DVR's address BUT when I try to log into the DVR from Internet Explorer using the usual Admin & blank password it connects - but that is all it does as it goes straight back to the log-in screen.

I've read the instructions many times (They're a little confused probably to poor Japanese to English translation) but all they do is raise more doubts than solutions anyway. Now, all I'm interested in people is simply logging into my DVR from my own computer on my own network at the moment (one step at a time me think) so what am I (and I must be) doing wrong? I installed the CMS software from the mini-CD and it seemed to install okay. One thing I have noticed is there is no .exe file in the folder (should there be one?) to make the CMS software work.

I've been at this problem for days now and I don't mind saying I've had enough so I thought I's visit all the kinds experts on here in the hope that someone can start to solve my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS Problem solved.