Sign in to follow this  
Litchy92

H.264 Port Forwarding

Hi all

Today I port forwarded a sky router at a customers house to enable him to view his cameras, his DVR displays no model type just the typical h.264 which we know is the compression format NOT 'brand'

I've done the port forwarding correctly because I can get to his admin login page for his DVR from my my own network.

Yet in a handful of apps I tried the cameras won't load, no contact details for the DVR's manufacturer so I cannot even ring a technical line to ask them for assistance.

If anyone could help me with this problem, be much appreciated.

Thanks

Almost certainly an AcitveX issue. I would make sure you are using Internet Explorer (I would recommend version 10) and make sure to look for pop ups or notifications that there is an extension or plugin that needs to be installed.

Cheers snappier.. I am not using it in the browser though see? This is just trying to view it through the recommended app all I get is black screens constantly buffering but I know remote connection is established okay

Thanks anyway, appreciated

You are probably missing some ports, how many did you open?

Some units use one for web interface, another for video streaming, and another for data. If you only open the web port, you will be able to get to the web interface, but won't do much more from there.

Cheers snappier.. I am not using it in the browser though see? This is just trying to view it through the recommended app all I get is black screens constantly buffering but I know remote connection is established okay

Thanks anyway, appreciated

Hi what is the app called you are using