topchips

Dahau dvr build date 2011 or older email stopped working..

I have two dvr's build date 2011,2010 both on different sites which email function worked fine. It stopped working about a month ago. I have double checked the settings using ssl 465 and tls 587 on smtp.gmail.com and have even tried hotmail account to test.

If i use the same settings with email ports etc. on newer dvr build date 2012,2014,2015 it works fine. Anyone else has this problem?

I really have no idea why it would do this...

Hi i have double checked that setting. I have used that same account when sending mails from the newer units and it works fine

Update :

Looks like all my customers using older version Dahua DVR's has all the same problem, email just stopped working, anyone else have this same issue, on the newer DVR's no problem

Regards

Hi Securame

What is the firmware and build date and model no of that unit? if you can send to me that will be great

Regards

I have two dvr's build date 2011,2010 both on different sites which email function worked fine. It stopped working about a month ago. I have double checked the settings using ssl 465 and tls 587 on smtp.gmail.com and have even tried hotmail account to test.

If i use the same settings with email ports etc. on newer dvr build date 2012,2014,2015 it works fine. Anyone else has this problem?

I really have no idea why it would do this...

Dear topchips,

i have the same problem, and have no idea what can it be.

did you success sending email from the DVR?

Hi Itaishi

I emailed someone from Dahua and he sent me firmware links. Most of the units are working now.

What is your email then ill forward it to you

Regards

Hi Itaishi

I emailed someone from Dahua and he sent me firmware links. Most of the units are working now.

What is your email then ill forward it to you

Regards

hi topchips,

i just saw now your answer,

my DVR is not Dahua, i think, there is no logo on it.

only firmware inside.

i really dont know how to figure it out.

Hi there

Just came across your thread. I have exactly the same problem, 2011's not sending emails and 2012 working fine.

The bugger not working is a DH-DVR1604LE-AS which is failing to send emails. My current version is 2.608.0000.0 build:2011-9-28

You don't by any chance still have that firmware update knocking about?

Thanks

Most email providers have changed the way that SSL encryption works for SMTP servers, for most older units the emails will stop working. You can still set the email settings up using the SMTP's TLS encryption instead (Providing the unit supports TLS) Otherwise you may need to contact the manufacturer for a firmware update to resolve the issue.