Sign in to follow this  
Ballistic

Help Building A Stream Server Hikvision Cameras

Im looking at building/Buying a Dell R430 Server to be used as a re stream server. I plan on using the Hikvision software with it.

Right now i have 32 Hikvision cameras, and i know ill be adding more. Im using a Rack mount Qnap for recording and playback now.

My current cameras are DS-2CD2132-I and DS-2CD2232-I5. Im running into them crashing from using too many streams from each camera on our tvs around the factory.

What im trying to figure out is how much power will this server need and whats i should throw in the build.

I was thinking at least 64GB DDR4 ECC of Ram and be able to upgrade easily down the road if needed.

Dual Xeon E5 Processors (not sure what ones yet)

Intel 10 Gigabit fiber NIC

Windows Server OS

Should i see if i can do a GPU?

SSD Caching?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Seems like you have the budget for it.

Why don't you use a purposed built NVR for it instead of using the QNAP server ?

Also, if you are planning to stream from a single source to multiple destinations within a lan environment, why don't you make use of multicast instead ?

Seems like you have the budget for it.

Why don't you use a purposed built NVR for it instead of using the QNAP server ?

Also, if you are planning to stream from a single source to multiple destinations within a lan environment, why don't you make use of multicast instead ?

I love the Qnap and dont want to get rid of it. The plan is to just add all the cameras to hikvisions stream server and then give each camera a new ip to be able to restream to my amazon TVs and Raspberry Pis.

And i'm starting to use alot more of the Dell R430s in my racks, and they just look good..