Sign in to follow this  
pig

8CH balun

I have recently bought this 8 channel video balun, thinking that I could use it instead of individual baluns for each channel to make the wires behind the DVR look tidier. I connected all 8 of my twisted pairs to the balun, and then the wires from the back into the DVR, but no video appeared at all. I can see that there are RJ45 ports on the balun, do these have to be used for the balun to work?

Many thanks.

1690073029__57.thumb.JPG.25703b09c0b114247f83c581650f48b3.JPG

I have recently bought this 8 channel video balun, thinking that I could use it instead of individual baluns for each channel to make the wires behind the DVR look tidier. I connected all 8 of my twisted pairs to the balun, and then the wires from the back into the DVR, but no video appeared at all. I can see that there are RJ45 ports on the balun, do these have to be used for the balun to work?

You can, that's what these baluns are for.

No, you do not need to use the RJ 45 ports; you can use either the green connectors to use individual pairs, or you can use the RJ45 connector to send/receive 4 video signals over one single UTP cable.

It is possible that this is an Active Balun that needs to be powered otherwise it won't work. Also make sure your + and - connections are the same at both the camera end and the 8ch Balun.