bill9000

New HD NVR + wireless? - basic question

Hi!

I am looking at the following for my home...

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-nvr-surveillance-system-with-4-full-1080p-hd-cameras/LNR84W-1-p

I believe it to do what I need, however I have one question and the chat support was useless.

What I want to do, is hide the NVR in a remote part of my house, have the PoE cameras hooked to it, and have the NVR itsself connect to my existing network via wireless.

1) Is this possible?

• if so, can it be done with a USB network adapter plugged into the NVR box's USB port?

• if not, would it work with some form of wireless access point sitting next to the NVR and plugged into the ethernet port on the NVR?

thanks in advance for any help!

Bill

Hi!

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-nvr-surveillance-system-with-4-full-1080p-hd-cameras/LNR84W-1-p

I believe it to do what I need, however I have one question and the chat support was useless.

What I want to do, is hide the NVR in a remote part of my house, have the PoE cameras hooked to it, and have the NVR itsself connect to my existing network via wireless.

1) Is this possible?

• if so, can it be done with a USB network adapter plugged into the NVR box's USB port?

• if not, would it work with some form of wireless access point sitting next to the NVR and plugged into the ethernet port on the NVR?

Bill

Hi. Bill yes it can be done .... But wireless is not that good you are best going Power line adapter

https://netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/

Hi!

1) Is this possible?

Bill

Hi. Bill yes it can be done .... But wireless is not that good you are best going Power line adapter

https://netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/

wow... never seen one of those before... that works? and safe for electrical wiring??

Hi. Yes they work very well plus can give your network extra protection

so I tried looking at the item details... is it some type of wireless device itself?

not sure how it can transfer the data from one point to the other?

so I tried looking at the item details... is it some type of wireless device itself?

YTD2e9mIoaE

Hi. This might help you ...... It turns your existing power cables into network transmission

YTD2e9mIoaE

Hi. This might help you ...... It turns your existing power cables into network transmission

wow thats pretty wild, thank you for the info...

so if I did that, I could have my NVR somewhere away from my router... and not need to run a cat5 all the way from the NVR to the router/network?

and this will work for the NVR as far as stability and such!?

thanks for all your help!

Yes you are starting to understand ...... Also with using a NVR you will be using IP cameras ........... It is also a good way of connecting IP cameras to your network where you can't run network cable ....... Garage or garden shed Once you have used one you will be buying for your smart tv or anything else network

Yes you are starting to understand ...... Also with using a NVR you will be using IP cameras ........... It is also a good way of connecting IP cameras to your network where you can't run network cable ....... Garage or garden shed Once you have used one you will be buying for your smart tv or anything else network

ok cool, thanks.

I actually had a doubt along the same lines. Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the wonderful suggestion and reply, @tomcctv!