Azz25

Strange viewing problem local and remote

Hi,

I have a new Floureon DVR and have a strange problem viewing the cameras when connected to my wifi and 4G.

Ports are forwarded, it did work. I can ping it from my PC which is wired, but when connected to wifi which is on the same network using the same IP range it doesn't see it. I also can't see it outside the network even though the ports are forwarded.

Any suggestion would be great as it is sending me crazy.

Aaron

Hi,

I have a new Floureon DVR and have a strange problem viewing the cameras when connected to my wifi and 4G.

Ports are forwarded, it did work. I can ping it from my PC which is wired, but when connected to wifi which is on the same network using the same IP range it doesn't see it. I also can't see it outside the network even though the ports are forwarded.

Any suggestion would be great as it is sending me crazy.

Aaron

First you say "it did work"..did it suddenly stop?

Generally if you can see using a remote network but not on wifi using the external ip address, then you have a nat loopback issue. Commonly a problem when using router/modem combo units.

I had a generic DVR which has the same IP as the new one. When I plugged the new one in it worked fine. Nothing changed apart from me adding new cameras, then suddenly I couldn't access it while out on 4G.

Now I can ping it from a machine that is wired to the router, but can't from anything that is connected to the wifi, even though it has the same IP range and can ping other devices on the network. It also doesn't work when trying to access via my external IP.

But, I have woke up this morning and it seems to be working, nothing has changed over night. I can pretty much guarantee it will stop working at some point.

Thanks,

Aaron

It has worked all day fine, until just now. Can no longer access it via wifi or 4G but can on my PC which is wired.

Aaron

It has worked all day fine, until just now. Can no longer access it via wifi or 4G but can on my PC which is wired.

Aaron

Hi go into menu then guide and follow instructions

Aaron

What difference is that going to make?

Aaron

Aaron

Aaron

Well it is going to fix your problem

Aaron

Well it is going to fix your problem

The guide is just a wizard for setting the dvr up.

It is setup correctly. I can access it from wired devices but not wireless, on the same network.

Aaron

Did you scan the qr code with your devices ?

Yes.

For which app

XMEye. The problem isn't that the app won't connect to it. It is any wireless device e.g. a laptop, phone, tablet.

Anything connected to wifi can't ping the dvr. Anything connected by cable can.

Aaron

That is right Xmeye is cloud . It sounds like you need to reboot recorder and do the guide again ...... For a laptop you need the serial no and just place that in IE

Doing guide again look at the network page and see everything is green ... Anything red and you will only get a local QR code

Also there is two buttons on the app for local you need to press the local login

Xmeye

Explorer

IDmss

Are all apps that will work with your system

That is right Xmeye is cloud . It sounds like you need to reboot recorder and do the guide again ...... For a laptop you need the serial no and just place that in IE

Doing guide again look at the network page and see everything is green ... Anything red and you will only get a local QR code

Also there is two buttons on the app for local you need to press the local login

Xmeye

Explorer

IDmss

Are all apps that will work with your system

Thanks Tom,

The dvr is setup correctly network wise, hence I can ping it from a wired device. It has worked, I woke up the other day and it was working, then later on it stops.

Aaron