Unified

NVR loose IP Address

Hello everybody,

I have new NAPCO NVR (Model N9104). At first I can find it with it's default IP address by connecting with my laptop directly via Ethernet port. When I was trying to configure with the software, it lose it's IP address. I can’t find it on the internet explorer or ping it on the command line. Is there any way to restore it’s factory default IP address?

Thank you in advance

Hello everybody,

I have new NAPCO NVR (Model N9104). At first I can find it with it's default IP address by connecting with my laptop directly via Ethernet port. When I was trying to configure with the software, it lose it's IP address. I can’t find it on the internet explorer or ping it on the command line. Is there any way to restore it’s factory default IP address?

Thank you in advance

Sounds like the same clone:

remove battery, power up, power down, install battery, power up.

Your date is now 2000 01 01 6:00am

And, your left hand is touching your face...

If that doesn't do it, repost.

The WAN port blinks and all camera inputs blink. But the NVR software can't find the NVR. Since previously

the software was able to find the NVR, resetting would help the software discover it. The default IP is 192.168.1.114. I was able to find it on the internet explorer since my laptop IP 192.168.1.1.

Thank you

When the NVR connected to a pc, the software application on the pc should find the NVR and display the video each camera recording. Or using the internet explorer, I was able to watch the videos by entering the default IP Address on the address bar. But now I can't see it since the NVR lost it's default IP address. The software application on the pc is unable to connect to the device. It says no device connected.

Dump the software you are trying to use, use the NVR/DVR's internal software for setup.

View through web browser.

Your software is apparently fake/nvr unit clone [9104].

NVR home surveillance systems are generally wireless, tend to be easy to set up, can be accessed through a web browser....

Well, I may be wrong on the "internal software" part...

Maybe too far from server if wireless?

find it on the internet explorer since my laptop IP 192.168.1.1

Enter router (none stated & probably why the xxxx.1=conflict) and see what "DHCP" is assigned.

May also try ipconfig in Windoze.

I have done this a couple times in the past and I always use a laptop wireless.

Since I have multiple wireless wifi networks set up in the house for main and guest and other, when I was not able to connect I found I was not on the same wifi network.

Like 1 network would be say SSID network 1 it was on 192.168.1.1 and network 2 would be say SSID network 2 and it was on 192.168.2.1

My NVR was on 192.168.1.1 and laptop connected to the other SSID of 192.168.2.1

So check that first.

Also use the mouse on the NVR and go to network and see what it says your IP address is on there.

See if your on the same subnet 255.255.255.0

I also uncheck the DHCP box so it don't change the IP address every time the NVR reboots.

Unchecking the DHCP box makes the IP address static and never changes.

Hope some of that helps