View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Lorex - NAS recording/back-up options?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:11 pm 

I am trying to figure out a way to add an NAS device to my CCTV system... I want to use a hidden remote storage for security reasons (concern about the NVR being taken)

I bought http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-3MP-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100290772.html

the NVR is Lorex (Dahua based): LNR1182 with 8 3MP cams. The system works just fine. What I want to do is to add an NAS (Network Attached Storage) and have video recording back-ups.

I want to keep the NVR in place as-is and just to add an NAS. I am thinking to have the NAS in a different room in case someone steals the NVR... I really fear the scenario that somebody steals the NVR - it is not possible for me to secure the NVR better or hide it somehow...

What are the options to achieve this? I am new to this and I am learning. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Thank you guys.

Post subject: Re: Lorex - NAS recording/back-up options?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:33 pm 

cruuuzer wrote:
I am trying to figure out a way to add an NAS device to my CCTV system... I want to use a hidden remote storage for security reasons (concern about the NVR being taken)

I bought http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-3MP-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100290772.html

the NVR is Lorex (Dahua based): LNR1182 with 8 3MP cams. The system works just fine. What I want to do is to add an NAS (Network Attached Storage) and have video recording back-ups.

I want to keep the NVR in place as-is and just to add an NAS. I am thinking to have the NAS in a different room in case someone steals the NVR... I really fear the scenario that somebody steals the NVR - it is not possible for me to secure the NVR better or hide it somehow...

What are the options to achieve this? I am new to this and I am learning. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Thank you guys.

I have found out it is possible, the option is called FTP. Lorex confirmed this. I found the following yt video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrknwZ956NY

Post subject: Re: Lorex - NAS recording/back-up options?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm 

cruuuzer wrote:

Thank you guys.

Great questions.... following along... :D

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]