Sign in to follow this  
matvrix

wifi-POE

Hello,

Is there a router/AP can could connect to an wifi SSID instead of relying on a R6 cable ? And, if it support POE, it would be terribly helpful. Essentially, I've a router in the garage, but would like to install a POE that would pick up the WIFI from the garage, boost it and provide an IP to an IP CCTV ?

Cheers,

Jon

Hello,

Is there a router/AP can could connect to an wifi SSID instead of relying on a R6 cable ? And, if it support POE, it would be terribly helpful. Essentially, I've a router in the garage, but would like to install a POE that would pick up the WIFI from the garage, boost it and provide an IP to an IP CCTV ?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi can you list your products. ...... Your post is confusing

Coax .... Poe....wifi poe..... IP

From what I can make out you have rg6 cable ..... But you want a feed to IP camera

Wifi poe........... Does not exist. POE is power over eithernet (cable)

Hello,

I don't have a system yet. But, the point of origin has to be a wifi to POE router. Especially, when I can't connect a router connecting to the camera using a CAT6..

Hello,

I don't have a system yet. But, the point of origin has to be a wifi to POE router. Especially, when I can't connect a router connecting to the camera using a CAT6..

Hi. You can't have something that does not exist.

Like I said in other post POE = power over eithernet....... Eithernet being you cat6.

But there are simple ways to get your camera feed from your garage .... Network over power.

But you will need to give more info about your install .... How far is garage from house .... Does it use same power box .... How many cameras

Im not clear on exactly what he is wanting to do, but wouldnt a POE switch connected to a wireless router work? That wireless router would then be set up in repeater mode? Not sure how well cameras streaming over wireless would do. I always prefer wired. Its always worth it to run cat5 from point to point.

Yes that can be done ...... But for one camera why setup a Poe switch and wireless router the cost alone is not worth it when he can just local power the camera