serverman2020

Forward internal IP address for NVR network interfaces

Hi Guys,

Linux semi-newbie here. I currently have two home linux systems running at the moment - one ubuntu server and one NVR.

At the moment, my home network is running on the IP address of 192.168.0.XXX with the IP of the NVR being 192.168.0.195

The NVR has a seperate subnet for the IP cameras of 10.1.1.XXX

There are two ethernet devices on the NVR eth0 (where is connects to the main 192.168.0.XXX network) and eth1 (where it connects to the cameras)

My goal is to try to access the 10.1.1.XXX cameras from the main network. After doing some homework, it seems I need to forward the ports of these IP cams. Unfortunately, the NVR doesnt allow this through the User Interface. The NVR has a linux busybox system running on it - luckily I managed to connect to the Busybox system via telnet CLI.

SOOOO I think I'm halfway there... somehow I need to edit some files in the telnet connection to foward say cam one 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.0.195:1

Eventually my plan is to have the NVR and the ubuntu server both recording (ubuntu sever via zoneminder etc). I don't have a POE switch, so thats why I'd like to keep my cameras connected to the NVR.

Does anyone know how I can acheive this? Am I on the right path??

I'd like to know the answer to that question too.. im using a 3rd party app on amazon fire stick called IP cam viewer. if i point it to the nvrs IP i get one came showing.. id like to get all of them...

Hello. As long as the cameras are are properly connected to the NVR and are visible on the directly connected TV or monitor, do not worry about the cameras IP as assigned by the NVR switch nor the port it may indicate. The port or ports that do matter are the NVR's defined ports that you may find on the NVR's network submenu, usually the same page where you see the NVR IP. In your case you indicated it as 192.168.0.195.

Using a web browser on a computer connected to the same router to which the NVR is connected, type http://192.168.0.1. This should connect you to your router where the port forwarding gets done. Of course, I am making an educated guess that your router would be found at 192.168.0.1.

'ipconfig' from a command prompt should show your local gateway if it is not the aforementioned local IP address.

portforward.com is a handy repository for the specifics on performing port forwarding for a lot of different types of routers.

HTH

Hi Guys,

Linux semi-newbie here. I currently have two home linux systems running at the moment - one ubuntu server and one NVR.

At the moment, my home network is running on the IP address of 192.168.0.XXX with the IP of the NVR being 192.168.0.195

The NVR has a seperate subnet for the IP cameras of 10.1.1.XXX

There are two ethernet devices on the NVR eth0 (where is connects to the main 192.168.0.XXX network) and eth1 (where it connects to the cameras)

My goal is to try to access the 10.1.1.XXX cameras from the main network. After doing some homework, it seems I need to forward the ports of these IP cams. Unfortunately, the NVR doesnt allow this through the User Interface. The NVR has a linux busybox system running on it - luckily I managed to connect to the Busybox system via telnet CLI.

SOOOO I think I'm halfway there... somehow I need to edit some files in the telnet connection to foward say cam one 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.0.195:1

Eventually my plan is to have the NVR and the ubuntu server both recording (ubuntu sever via zoneminder etc). I don't have a POE switch, so thats why I'd like to keep my cameras connected to the NVR.

Does anyone know how I can acheive this? Am I on the right path??

I think messing with iptables will help you if youre able to get root with telnet, make a backup of everyhitng you modify just in case.. https://www.systutorials.com/816/port-forwarding-using-iptables/ ... if you have any luck let us know. I will try to mess around with it later on.

Hi all and thank you in advice for your help.

I have a DAHUA NVR 2108HS-8P-S2 with built-in POE switch, and 8 Foscam IPCAMERA Onvif FI9901EP.

Because of is not possible to have motion detection directly on NVR, I want that my IP Cameras go on internet, so I wanto to remove the isolation of built-in switch.

I attach 2 images that explain the situation.

Is possible to add a route or a gateway that tells to switch-connected devices "if you wanto to go outside (another network), your gateway is the uplink port of NVR", just like a normal Router/Access point with LAN ports and WAN port?

Thank you so much.

- - - -

ORIGINAL SITUATION

300047_1.jpg

- - -

WORKAROUND

300047_2.jpg