deadlift

NVR and camera in two seperate locations (VPN??)

Hi guys

I have a query regarding a network configuration needed for a Hikvision camera in one location and an NVR with the recording of that cam on a HDD in another. I thought of the following three options but I have never configured nor tested anything like this.

1)Cam connected direct via cat6 cable to a modem with port forwarding configured and having the NVR configured to add the cam on the public ip of location 1?

2)Use the storage server client from IVMS4200 on a pc and import the cam via public ip?

3) last resort question - could it be done via VPN?

Edit: Also would it be detrimental to the network's bandwidth since substream resolution and fps would need to be reasonable enough for HDD recording and live view(constant streaming) over to the 2nd location's modem/router.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

1) can be done. Newer cameras (firmwares) even have an option called "ANR" (automatic network recovery), if the camera supports SD card you can record to both remote NVR and memory card; if the internet connection goes down, when the NVR and camera reconnect the camera will send the recording that were missed.