Mitchpyne27

Avigilon camera server.

Hi Guys !

I am working for a company at the moment who would like to install 5 cameras in their building. They would like to keep the cost low but want to use Avigilon cameras as they've been specified by the advisor.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way around buying a whole server for this system.

Can I use a laptop and leave it plugged in all the time or is this too unreliable?

any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards

Hi Guys !

I am working for a company at the moment who would like to install 5 cameras in their building. They would like to keep the cost low but want to use Avigilon cameras as they've been specified by the advisor.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way around buying a whole server for this system.

Can I use a laptop and leave it plugged in all the time or is this too unreliable?

any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards

What the big deal

build your own server

You could run the 5 cameras off of a Windows 64bit OS, sandy bridge/haswell/skylake i3 or i5 processor just fine with some 7200rpm sata drives (prefer the enterprise class) and 8gb of ram. Then just buy the licenses separately and the poe switch. However you are now supporting the server vs. buying an 8port appliance from them and getting the 3year warranty and phone support that would be included.