Creola

Web Alternative to Cloud

Hi

I made the mistake of getting a Swann ADS446 CCTV camera, the App and Website for this camera are really poorly designed and unreliable. After wasting many hours on Swann I want to see if I can make use of the CCTV camera they have based this on.

I have managed to get into the back end and got hold of latest HIK Vision firmware.

I do plan to write a "how to" blog on this but first I need to figure out a few things!!

I want to recreate the facilities of the Swann App and Website using cost free solutions, but without using a PC, so first of all I want to know if there is any open source LAMP based software for CCTV.

LAMP is Linux, Appache, MySQL and PHP, it is basically what runs web servers.

I have seen iSpy which is Windows based and so needs a PC to be on 24/7.

I want to create a basic system, using just the camera, maybe an SD card, email, FTP and to perhaps improve the alerts and to find a way bridge the gap to push notifications to a no cost solution.

Just thought I would ask if there was some sort of open source webserver based CCTV solution? So far I have only found linux based alternatives that run in the home.

I see each camera has a mini webserver with alerts that can use FTP and send Emails, but I would like to create a web based console that does what Swann is supposed to do.

Thanks for your help.

I've been trying to look for similar. The only thing I saw recently was https://dvr.webcam. But it seemed kind of half ass. I couldn't tell if it supported my Swann HD cams. I sent an email to them and no response.

Is there a hack or root for Nest to cloud it into Dropbox or One Drive?