BriceHughes

Is there a simpler iOS, Android, and PC app for Dahua DVRs?

My company sells and installs CCTV systems, but I have a few customers who already had existing Dahua (or re-branded Dahua) DVRs. They can never figure out the manufacturer's iDMSS and gDMSS apps. Is there a third-party app I can recommend to them that will just display the live view from the currently selected DVR when you open it? Ninety-nine percent of the time, they only want to see the live feed, and most of them don't have several recorders to choose from. It would be nice if it only included CCTV, too. I don't know anyone with a Dahua door control or alarm system.

I see there are dozens of clones of the gDMSS app, and I assume it's the same way on iOS. Unless I'm missing something, the only way to easily access your cameras is to make a favorites list and then select that list when you open the app.

Edited by Guest

Hi. No need to make favourites.

Just click on cam link top left ... that can't be hard.

And there is a very good reason why most apps work this way is because some customers like to watch there system while at home or away.

There is no point wasting cell internet when at home. So by clicking on cam link they could have say..... home .... for watching while home on there LAN

....away......is cell internet

For pc at home .... some people find smart PSS hard to use.

Just enter recorders local ip into browser and you get live link with basic control

Thanks for your reply, Tom. I agree that it's not hard for you and me, but I get a call asking how to use Dahua or Hikvision apps at least every couple of weeks. I don't ever get those calls about EverFocus or Alarm.com. We're not talking about power users. We're talking about users who think Facebook _IS_ the internet. The simple truth is that many of my customers will never really learn how to use their technology and I can either make the best of it or send them to the competition.

If gDMSS and its clones are all that there is, I can deal with that. If there's something simpler, though, I'd like to find it.

I have found iVMS 4500 to be easy for my customers to learn, its pretty much straight forward, category oriented apps, where you have Life view, Remote Playback, and Picture & Video this are the only three choices from the left pull down menu where I focus my attention when I train my customer and most all gets it, after 3 to 5 tries it becomes second nature for them. In the other point DMSS from Dahua is a comvoluted mess and hard for some customers to get. All of my installs now are HiKVision or any of their rebrands.

The current version of the app should open to the live preview page once you have added a device. On the live preview page when the phone is vertical there is a middle row of four buttons and the first button on the left should re-open the previously viewed cameras. So if they only have one DVR then they would always be viewing the same cameras.