Blake101

Which free DDNS service. Need help finding one.

What free ddns service do most people use?

If the DVR or NVR is not made by HiKVision or one of their rebrands then I would recommend easterndns.com you create your account and then you get presented with the Windows client to inform your easterdns domain of your new IP address when it changes. This requires leaving a PC on all the times and the client set to auto start when windows starts, it starts completely minimized to system tray, public IP address changes your domain at easterndns knows of the change and passes on the information on all of your software that is configured with the domain, such as mobile apps, etc...

IF the TVI DVR or NVR is made by HiKVision or one of their rebrands such as KT&C, DVRDVS, etc then its pointless to use easterndns or any other ddns service as there is a great one included on the DVR, called HiDDNS or SimpleDDNS for the rebrands where you only create a user name and thats it, you enter that user name on the mobile app and you are connected, very simple.

Note: Many Dahua based DVR's and NVR's supports updating straight to EasternDNS from the DVR itself, bypassing the need to install the updater software on a Microsoft Windows PC, Linux PC or a Raspberry Pi.

Hi. HiDDNS is not hiks and is no longer supported. Not worth the problems.

Look first at you ISP for a static IP ...... Which is the best way.

Hi. HiDDNS is not hiks and is no longer supported. Not worth the problems.

Look first at you ISP for a static IP ...... Which is the best way.

HiDDNS is no longer supported? hmmmm? I dont exactly know what you mean, I mean 3 days ago I did my latest project, a beauty salon that wanted 4 cameras, she had an older obsolete early 2000's CIF only DVR and the whole place was wired with coax, so it was cost effective for her for me to install a TVI system since she didn't have to pay me to re-wire with ethernet cable the whole place, I gave her four 1080P TVI cameras and a HiKVision TVI DVR of 4 channels, I configured everything there, on the networking > DDNS page I created a domain name for her, it said it registered successfully, I then downloaded the IVMS 4500 application on the apple store (iPhone), went to Device > New Device > Register mode was changed to HiDDNS and I simply entered the name I created for here on the DVR, followed the custom port I elected that I opened up on her router, her chosen user name and password, then clicked on Live View and immediately I had the 4 cameras showing up on the smartphone under her Tmobile mobile connection.

So, I was able to create her HiDDNS domain just fine, it worked and I got no errors or warnings. I also remember like over 8 months ago reading about HiDDNS to stop working for certain areas but not to affect the domain registrations done on the DVR's, and clearly its not affecting users creating their domain name off their purchased HiKVision DVR's.

Now, in the other hand, I hope the HiDDNS service doesn't get shut down in the future, because then it would be a tragedy, sure I could move to using EZVIZ, sure I have never used EZVIZ cloud before, but there is always a first time and I hope its as free as HiDDNS DDNS service while I wont get my hopes up as being a cloud storage service most likely the user would have to pay for XX amount of GB's to store up the videos on the cloud, or maybe EZVIZ has a feature that can be setup to act just like HiDDNS without the cloud storage options for free...

IF, lets say HiDDNS/SimpleDDNS were to stop working in the future, I would have a big project ahead of me for probably the whole entire months just on changing over all of my customers to a different DDNS service since I have hundreds of customers, almost approaching 1,000 on the same exact setup, using HiDDNS or SimpleDDNS.

Ezviz and hiddns are both 3rd party ...... Not owned by hik

Ezviz has always been bad.

Yes you can use hiddns for gray market ...... But not for the new hik cameras

Ezviz and hiddns are both 3rd party ...... Not owned by hik

Ezviz has always been bad.

Yes you can use hiddns for gray market ...... But not for the new hik cameras

You are talking about hik IP cameras, should I be worried that future hik HD-TVI DVR that I purchase might not come with HiDDNS/SimpleDDNS support? If HiKVision decides to eliminate HiDDNS/SimpleDDNS off their DVR's they better at least include easterndns in them as the other alternative currently present on the DVR which I believe is either dynddns or no-ip are not acceptable, they are not free, and the free version requires the customer to re-validate once monthly by clicking a link they get over email, ummm no! I see them forgetting to do that and then calling me complaining that they can't see the cameras on their phones.

If your DVRs have a drop down option for hiddns then you are buying old stock

It should say hik-connect

Hik have done away with hiddns back in February

Hik-connect is operated on Amazon servers

Hiddns is owned by HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY a hichina company and the problem hik had with malware

If your DVRs have a drop down option for hiddns then you are buying old stock

It should say hik-connect

Hik have done away with hiddns back in February

Hik-connect is operated on Amazon servers

Hiddns is owned by HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY a hichina company and the problem hik had with malware

Hmmm interesting, I didn't knew about this, I guess I should not be expecting to be buying the very latest model further evidenced the DVR being HD TVI Version 2.0 when HiKVision has since long time ago released the HD TVI Version 3.0 so I take it that my supply house must be inundated with new TVI 2.0 waiting to be sold out, hence their reluctance to stock up the TVI 3.0 ones which would be the most recent ones, and I keep asking them about the TVI 3.0 DVR and they keep on saying not yet.

Regarding Hik-Connect, is that service free? The fact that they are using Amazon AWS means that they are enduring a costs there. They should have kept their DDNS solution in house, that way they could have avoided the Amazon AWS bills. As an Amazon AWS EC2 user myself I know how high AWS can end up costing.

Hiddns was never hiks in house the same with ezviz....... Both 3rd party China owned ddns services

No the is no charge for hik-connect.

Any old hiddns units will still connect to hiddns but later on this year if the old units don't take the new firmware either dvr- NVR or IP camera they will not connect to the new hik-connect