Sign in to follow this  
stevendf

Public IP works, DDNS does not

Hi guys. I am having a couple of odd problems.

My main problem is that I can not access my DVR using my no-ip ddns from outside my network, but I can access it using the IP address that my ddns updates to from an outside network. Also, I can access my router setup page from an outside network using the IP and different port. So, in order to access my cameras, I have to go to my noip page and check to see what my IP address is there, then open my app and put that IP in, then it works. I can't figure out how to just use my ddns name and port to access the cameras. Does that make any sense? I can set the dvr port to whatever I want, currently 8888 and it also has another port 60001 that I can not change, but works. I can access my cameras using ddns name from inside my network though...

Also, I had to replace my dvr and now I have only found like 1 android app that actually lets me access my cameras using the IP and port, which makes no sense, because with the old dvr, almost every app worked. Again, does that make any sense?

Any help is appreciated. Just post if you need more info.

Router: n66u with latest stock firmware; firewall enabled; dmz dvr ip

Service: Suddenlink 200/50

DVR: unknown brand connected via ethernet port; static ip

Nothing?

This is so odd and frustrating. Doesn't make sense. IP works. Ddns name does not. So odd... Oh, and I think the ddns name works when I am on att network, but can't test that right now.

Guys, come on. This has to be something simple, but I can't figure it out.

I CAN access my cameras from ANY network using the IP.

I CAN access my cameras while on the ATT network using both the IP and using the DDNS name.

I CAN NOT access my cameras while on my neighbors network using the DDNS name. I CAN access them by using the IP.

Does it have something to do with that particular network of my neighbor?

Hi guys. I am having a couple of odd problems.

My main problem is that I can not access my DVR using my no-ip ddns from outside my network, but I can access it using the IP address that my ddns updates to from an outside network. Also, I can access my router setup page from an outside network using the IP and different port. So, in order to access my cameras, I have to go to my noip page and check to see what my IP address is there, then open my app and put that IP in, then it works. I can't figure out how to just use my ddns name and port to access the cameras. Does that make any sense? I can set the dvr port to whatever I want, currently 8888 and it also has another port 60001 that I can not change, but works. I can access my cameras using ddns name from inside my network though...

Also, I had to replace my dvr and now I have only found like 1 android app that actually lets me access my cameras using the IP and port, which makes no sense, because with the old dvr, almost every app worked. Again, does that make any sense?

Any help is appreciated. Just post if you need more info.

Router: n66u with latest stock firmware; firewall enabled; dmz dvr ip

Service: Suddenlink 200/50

DVR: unknown brand connected via ethernet port; static ip

You could use http://easterndns.com go ahead and create an account there, its free, after the account creation you will be prompted to download the Windows update client, install that to any computer in your network and input your user name and password you created on the account creation page, the easterndns updater will be in charge of updating the IP address for that ddns free service. in your mobile laptop you can in turn use the domain name instead of the ip address and it should work.

Example:

Lets say you requested the domain name of "johndoe", your domain will be: johndoe.easterndns.com

So, if your mobile app configuration looked like this:

Server: 48.88.76.155:8888 you can now change it to:

Server: johndoe.easterndns.com:8888

When your IP address changes, the updater installed on your PC will inform easterdns of your new IP address and you should be able to connect right away.

There is even a Linux updater version available on their website so if you want to configure a raspberry raspberry Pi for this purpose you can and that would be a great updater to have running, very minimalist.

Why am I recommending Easterndns? Because its the one I have used in the past and it has never failed me, that was until I discovered HiKVision DVR's and NVR's it comes with their own in house DDNS service called HiDDNS and for rebrand like KT&C called SimpleDDNS on these DVR's all what you do is enter a name as the domain, then on the mobile client you enter that name, port number, username and password and you are connected, very easy. I haven't used no-ip so I can't tell you pretty much why it isn't working under no-ip, probably the dvr is not updating it correctly? Have you tried downloading their updater client and running it on a PC to update the IP for that DDNS? If it works, probably the DVR isn't sending the update command to the no-ip ddns service, or there is some credential based info set incorrectly on the dvr's no-ip ddns section. So, just for experimental purposes you should try easterndns with the windows client send the update command and then see if using the domain created from easterndns works just fine with your mobile app, if it works then there is an issue with no-ip that you will need to resolve either from your DVR's configuration and/or from the web administrative console at your no-ip account.