Sign in to follow this  
bubo

Three DVR's with two switches in local network?

I like to bring in a third DVR in a local network but the router has a limited number of LAN ports.

Would that work with the two switches in this scheme?

Is it possible to use a single videobalun to create "IP camera's" (as the DVR can handle more IP cameras then standard camera's) ?

scheme.thumb.jpg.31d6363f754141f920b7b15b8c522d9a.jpg

I dont think its that simple. Im not sure what device you have your AHD cameras connected to. You need some type of converter device like this

https://www.amazon.com/Axis-Communications-0415-004-4-Channel-Encoder/dp/B0074ANCMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499017434&sr=8-1&keywords=ANALOG+TO+IP+CONVERTER

But be aware that it only provides you with one IP output. So the 4 cameras would be combined to into one camera channel.

Also, your DVR is for 4 channels, so will the software allow you to see more than 4 channels?

Dont know alot about this, hopefully someone more knowledgable comments.

I dont think its that simple. Im not sure what device you have your AHD cameras connected to. You need some type of converter device like this

https://www.amazon.com/Axis-Communications-0415-004-4-Channel-Encoder/dp/B0074ANCMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499017434&sr=8-1&keywords=ANALOG+TO+IP+CONVERTER

But be aware that it only provides you with one IP output. So the 4 cameras would be combined to into one camera channel.

Also, your DVR is for 4 channels, so will the software allow you to see more than 4 channels?

Dont know alot about this, hopefully someone more knowledgable comments.

That's what I was afraid for...

My DVR

My cams

If so...buying replacement IP based camera boards might be cheaper...

Hi. Your best option is to spend money on replacing dvr.

You will only be wasting money adding IP to a cheap dvr

Your camera link is to 4 in1 camera modules which supports CVI so just buy a 32 way or 2 16 way cvi hybrid DVRs.

No switches needed

Hi. Your best option is to spend money on replacing dvr.

You will only be wasting money adding IP to a cheap dvr

Your camera link is to 4 in1 camera modules which supports CVI so just buy a 32 way or 2 16 way cvi hybrid DVRs.

No switches needed

For sure, 16 or 32 way realtime 25 fps would be great!

Given the budget limitations, working with CMS, switches and several DVR's is considered to be a good alternative.

IMX323+HI3516CV200 based IP modules are not that expensive compared to the boards already used but I have have to deal with the already available infrastrcuture too.

Your AHD cameras connect to your ADH DVR, not to a network switch.

The DVR has only 4 fysical connections but it can handle more IP based cameras at the same time.

The DVR has only 4 fysical connections but it can handle more IP based cameras at the same time.

Hi ... no only 2 ip cameras and that is with having to lower frame rate.

The ip link you have posted will not work with your dvr...... as in will not connect to 3rd party.

But if you think changing cameras and cable to go ip is cheaper than changing the dvr out .

You already have 2mp

Then you would need IP cameras, not AHD cameras with baluns.

Then you would need IP cameras, not AHD cameras with baluns.

Thanks for your clear and helpful answer

Hi. How many IP cameras are you thinking of using ???

Max with your equipment is 8 in total.

So if you wanted to fill all 24 channels you would still need to buy a better NVR

Your IP camera link ...... They may also not work with your current DVRs

The part I am finding hard is you already have 2.2 MP cameras and you want to swap out for 2mp ........ And then have extra costs for switch and power supply and also cable change