Sign in to follow this  
Topnotch

I need some help to select required bandwidth for 16 camera

Dear, I am new to this forum.

I have a system of 16 AHD 1.3 Megapixel cameras. Need to setup a connection in the remote location. Therefore, I need to select a required bandwidth for this system. I have tried different calculator in web still got confused. In the record config there are lot of data given I am confused which which one should I use to calculate the bandwidth. I have attached the print screen of the Encode.

In left column there are lot of information like as (channel, Compression, Audio/Video, Resolution, Frame rate and so on.)

In Right column there are lot of information like as (channel name, Extra Stream, Audio/Video, Resolution, Frame rate and so on.)

Which column information should i use to calculate the required Bandwidth.

pic.png.5ded70219aa081d48c419b50d56bfec2.png

It really difficult to say...

You want to watch all cams live though internet connection? Or just one or two?

You know already witch software you want to use for the remote connection. Give me more details...

UPDATE:

I did some calculations with a bandwith calculator based on your screenshot

With this calculation you will need minimum 6 MBit Upload. But remember, you choose CIF(352x288) Resolution which is very low and you will not get a good quality of the picture. to watch it on a mobile device should it be enough.

But when you are able to get more upload, take it.

UPDATE 2:

When you change you settings to only 12 Frames/S, VBR instead of CBR you can get 4CIF (704x576) with 23 Mbit Upload.