parth99

Hacked or Bug?

I have a problem with my dahua hcvr5108c-v2 from over a month. The static ip address keeps on changing to:

IP : 10.95.190.83

Gateway 10.95.190.206

Primary DNS :1.2.3.4

Secondary DNS: 1.2.3.5

I correct it and every single time it changes to this. I changed passwords, default ip addresses in my dvr and router and all ports in my dvr. Still keeps on changing.

Apart from this all my camera feeds are watermarked HACKED. All camera names are changed to hacked1, hacked2 and so on.

What or who is screwing with me?Also i dont seem to find any new firmware on dahua's website.

I have a problem with my dahua hcvr5108c-v2 from over a month. The static ip address keeps on changing to:

Gateway 10.95.190.206

I correct it and every single time it changes to this. I changed passwords, default ip addresses in my dvr and router and all ports in my dvr. Still keeps on changing.

Apart from this all my camera feeds are watermarked HACKED. All camera names are changed to hacked1, hacked2 and so on.

What or who is screwing with me?Also i dont seem to find any new firmware on dahua's website.

The screen already show hacked and you still need to ask? Second wave of Dahua hacked started last week.

You have a buggy firmware. You will need to find a newer firmware.

What ports do you have forwarded? Web port, RTSP, and 37777/37778?

All ports were set to default parameters. I changed them all to random values yesterday. Lets see what happens now. Here is a screenshot of the connection page.

Also i could not find new firmware to my dvr model.

images(4).jpg.02446da5a20c9b9bcd34c8dbff90ba7d.jpg

Gateway 10.95.190.206

The screen already show hacked and you still need to ask? Second wave of Dahua hacked started last week.

What to do now? How to prevent future attacks then? Does dahua know this is happening because i have not found any new firmware till now. My firmware is dated 11/2014.

You have a buggy firmware. You will need to find a newer firmware.

What ports do you have forwarded? Web port, RTSP, and 37777/37778?

My device is now not even listed in dahua security's website. Hence i think no new firmware. The newer device with exactly same specifications is named HCVR5108c-s3. Can I install its firmware on my device (HCVR5208c-v2)

Hi. Are you using a ddns service ?

Also in the log on the dvr ..... does it show visitors and there IP address

Yes i am using dahua DDNS service. I changed the domain name too.

Yes the log shows 'system shut down. Abnormal boot' quite a few times.

This is Brickerbot. Your camera is available to anyone on the Internet and it's getting attacked. Either make it LAN-only or host it behind a VPN. Or use a firewall to restrict access to whatever remote IPs you need to access it from.

This is Brickerbot. Your camera is available to anyone on the Internet and it's getting attacked. Either make it LAN-only or host it behind a VPN. Or use a firewall to restrict access to whatever remote IPs you need to access it from.

I need remote viewing on my dvr so making LAN only won't work for me. VPN i feel slows down the internet.Can you please tell me how to install a firewall? And is there

a way to only allow certain ip addresses to access the dvr while restricting others?

Hi did you install your system yourself

Your unit is cvi coax that also takes 2 ip to change camera name would involve using something like pss or dss software

What router do you use

Hi did you install your system yourself

Your unit is cvi coax that also takes 2 ip to change camera name would involve using something like pss or dss software

What router do you use

Yes I did install the system myself. I have a tplink wrt841n as my primary router.

Hi. I would say your router is the weak link.

Hackers would not be bothered going into your network and enter dvr to change camera names.

Your router should of had a firmware update last November

But I would just change your router........ No point having one of the most hackable routers on the market.

Netgear have routers that send you alerts to any changes to your network or sub devices on the network.

Hi. I would say your router is the weak link.

Hackers would not be bothered going into your network and enter dvr to change camera names.

Your router should of had a firmware update last November

But I would just change your router........ No point having one of the most hackable routers on the market.

Netgear have routers that send you alerts to any changes to your network or sub devices on the network.

Whoa.. really, are tplink most hackable among routers? I did upgrade the firmware to the most recent one (april 2017) and then changed default ip, changed passwords and disabled few services.

But I have enabled DMZ on my router for my dvr to access the internet. Dahua website tells not to enable DMZ but my dvr doesn't connect to internet if I disable it.

But I have enabled DMZ on my router for my dvr to access the internet. Dahua website tells not to enable DMZ but my dvr doesn't connect to internet if I disable it.

Can't you just port forward the dvr port(s)? Or better yet, run a VPN server on your router? With DMZ all your ports are open.

Can't you just port forward the dvr port(s)? Or better yet, run a VPN server on your router? With DMZ all your ports are open.

Well I don't know much about port forwarding. Which ports do I forward to view my DVR's feed over the internet?