Sign in to follow this  
dnmmalta

hikvision dvr access with public ip

Hi Guys,

I have a slight problem with the hikvision dvr. Basically I can connect to the dvr from the ivms-4200 software when using the internal IP address when I am on the same network or via VPN. But I cannot access the dvr via the public IP Address, neither from the ivms-4200 pc software and not even from the android app ivms-4500.

Port 8000 on the router is enabled and when I check the port with a www.portchecktool.com I can see that the port is open. I am using an Asus RT-AC66U router. This was working till a couple of weeks ago until the router was somehow resetted and had to set it up again.

Can anyone please enlighten me of what could be wrong? I have been stuck on this problem for days now and cannot seem to find the solution.

Appreciate all the help.

Regards,

Matt

Hello. When the Asus router was reset, it is possible that your public ip changed. www.portchecktool.com should show your current IP and you want to compare that to what is entered in on the software and phone app. They may look very similar or almost identical but the last octet almost certainly should be different.

Hi,

I am sure that it is the same since i have the remote desktop set on my pc and the client had the same ip in the software on his pc and on his phone. Also he is paying for static IP so IP should never change.

Any more ideas please? Seems to be a tough one

check the port fowarding on your router and make sure the IP address on your nvr has not changed. It is possible the dhcp was enabled and when the router got rebooted it passed out a new IP on your internal network.

Younneed to forward the RTSP and HTTP port as well. Try putting your DVR LAN into DMZ mode and see if that fixes the issue. If it does then that’s likely your problem. I would also use a different port for HTTP, something like 65. When logging into the system via the browser you would then go to the address ex: exampledvr.dvrlists.com:64 or 108.65.765.10:64.

This will both increase the security of your system and should help solve any port issues.